Demise of my 82 Mercury 2 door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demise of my 82 Mercury 2 door

When I was on vacation in Ca. I had to dispose of the 82 Mercury 2 door that I have had since new. I ended selling it to a junk yard for $175. Other junk yards were only paying 4 cents per pound. It is sad but it had to be done. I now do not have a storage bill every month.
    If anyone needs 2 door Mercury parts, PM me and I will give you the junk yard information. The car needed restoration however it was not in too bad of condition. White with red interior. Wanted to sell it to someone here but the shipping would be a killer.
    The good side is I still have my 83 MGM 2 door which is identical to the one I got rid of.

It's possible that if one of the members here were interested in it enough they woulda drove up. To some members, saving a panther knows no miles. Especially a 2 door.

'93 T-bird
    '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
    '88 Mark VII
    '86 CV

Comment

I was interested in it but, being on the Canadian side of the border does not help. What is the name of the wrecking yard?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
        I was interested in it but, being on the Canadian side of the border does not help. What is the name of the wrecking yard?
        Same, It couldn't have been further away from me. Some of them just are to far.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Tom, did this car live it's entire life in the California desert?
          Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
          When I was on vacation in Ca. I had to dispose of the 82 Mercury 2 door that I have had since new. I ended selling it to a junk yard for $175. Other junk yards were only paying 4 cents per pound. It is sad but it had to be done. I now do not have a storage bill every month.
          If anyone needs 2 door Mercury parts, PM me and I will give you the junk yard information. The car needed restoration however it was not in too bad of condition. White with red interior. Wanted to sell it to someone here but the shipping would be a killer.
          The good side is I still have my 83 MGM 2 door which is identical to the one I got rid of.

Comment

The car was maybe 70 % used in the Mojave desert, Tehachapi mountains and in the Bakersfield area. Mostly freeway driving. Figure 150,000 miles in those areas.
            Last edited by Mainemantom; 11-21-2014, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Im glad I was able to save some rare parts and trim from that car.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

anybody interested in a 87 tudor?

Comment

Details please, where is it, colors, condition, options, etc...

Comment

Its in iowa, its blue and white with blue cloth interior. its in alright condition for an iowa car, some rut bubbles on the doors and some on the passenger quarter. transmissions shot. i took the dumb plastic trim on the door and stuff off to repaint car and it never happened. Has AC but wasnt hooked up when i got it. has 14" sawblade wheels that go with it. OH and its the LS with towing package, adjustable seat, the fancy heat control where you select the temp you want, it has vent windows too.

Comment

Sucks about the car especially since you have owned it since new, but it's not so bad as you have one just like it. I always say that it is a better idea to preserve a good one than pour money into restoring a bad one

Comment

Working...
                      X