MAF Sensor curves and are any compatible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAF Sensor curves and are any compatible

The reason I want to know, is because I have an 03 MAF sensor sitting in my garage and an 03 engine in my 93 but the original 93 MAF in the car. If they are compatible with the 03 having more headroom (higher rev capable) I will swap them out and shelve the 4-wire+temp sensor. So... anyone got some curves for 93 and 03 MAFs?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Thats the 93 MAF? Reasonably sure that was changed to an 01 part to go with the 01 ECM. I think the plugs are different. Maybe I'm imagining things. I seem to remember when people have changed later model MAFs and airboxes for Marauder or later CVPI parts, it required some sort of tune to make the computer work with it.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'll double check when I get home. If it is the 01 sensor... swapping in the 03 sensor should be a non-issue as they are very close to the same.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

you were right... 2000-02 sensor is installed. So I should be able to put this 03-04 sensor of mine in with little to no issues, unless someone knows that the 03-04 is that much different. I'd figure it's just the older one with the temp sensor included.

Comment

from everything I'm reading... the 03 MAF is pin compatible, but I can't find an actual transfer curve for anything. bah.

Comment

plug it in and see if it runs like poo. If it does, you'll know why.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              Thats the 93 MAF? Reasonably sure that was changed to an 01 part to go with the 01 ECM. I think the plugs are different. Maybe I'm imagining things. I seem to remember when people have changed later model MAFs and airboxes for Marauder or later CVPI parts, it required some sort of tune to make the computer work with it.
              Most Ford MAFs all use the same pigtail/plug up to 05. Took one out of a Taurus to fix an Escape the other day.
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                plug it in and see if it runs like poo. If it does, you'll know why.
                I'll probably do just that. If it works, I'll swap harnesses and run with it. Neat up the wiring and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                  Most Ford MAFs all use the same pigtail/plug up to 05. Took one out of a Taurus to fix an Escape the other day.
                  The older EEC-IV connectors are mostly different. His 93 has an 03 motor with an 01 harness. Thats why I was thinking it was an 01 MAF, not the 93 MAF, since the 93 MAF plug is probably not the same as what the 01 harness has. or maybe it is, I just couldn't remember.

Comment

I think they went to a 6 pin connector in 03. then to the slot style in 04 on the CVPI's. And slot style for all in 05+

-ryan s.
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I'll try it out this weekend. We will know. I have the 4-wire in the 6-hole style plug now (I think that was a 95/96+ thing?) and the original 93 was a 4 wire in 4 hole setup. anyhoo... will let y'all know.

Comment

ok... 6-wire is in, but the IAT isn't wired yet. Will do that tomorrow or so. It works fine. Did not unplug the battery to reset learned curves and it ran perfectly fine. so the civi 03/04 MAF will work fine in an 01.

Comment

Is the 01 IAT in the airbox, and the 03 is in the MAF ?

Comment

yeah. I'll take the wires from the one in the box and connect them to the MAF with the full 6 wire connector that was on the one I just installed.

Comment

the wires to the IAT were just about 2 inches too short to just swap over to the 6-wire connector. had to do some slobbering. got it all wired up though.

works like a champ. I also blocked off the old IAT hole.

Comment

Working...
                              X