Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

one peeved owner. (more rant then question, sorry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Blue View Post
    Prime example of why I change my own oil..................
    +10
    Matt

Deep Jewel Green/Mocha 1993 Grand Marquis LS

Dual exhaust w/ Thrush Welded mufflers, 17x8 bullits, KYB shocks, Air Lift springs, Draw Tite Class II trailer hitch, and new valve seals @ 116,000 mi.

Comment

Yeah, I'm a bit paranoid - the few times I've gone to a shop to get my oil changed, well, sometimes you get a guy who knows what he's doing, and sometimes not. When I do (only if it's cheaper than me buying the oil and filter), I stay there and watch through the windows.

Once, I'll give the manager credit. The tech "changed" the oil and filter, but only opened one drain plug. The manager caught that and made him do it again.

A number of shops seem to have a tendency to crank the drain plug and the oil filter on WAY too tight.

Ugh.

So, generally, even if it's stupidly cold, I'll do it myself. I'll of course grumble and swear and insist that I should've taken it to a shop, but then once I'm done and have calmed down (and thawed out! LOL), I'll come back to my senses.

I'm really, REALLY sorry this has happened, though - there's absolutely NO excuse for it! You shouldn't even have to go through the effort, but, eh, it happens.

And this:
      Originally posted by landmaster77 View Post
      I used to work in a walmart tire and lube express up to april 2005

call the corporate office at walmart and demand a new engine.

what you need is pictures of the drain pan, missing plug, oil filter, and the original paperwork receipt for oil change.

walmart policy is to put a little dab of snot from a tube(different colors for different stores) on the drain plug and the pan. look for that.

get a written statement from the garage mechanic that says the engine is junk because of no oil in the pan. corporate may want 3 different mechanics to verify engine damage. keep putting the pressure on corporate office for an engine.
      Never knew that before, and glad to know it now. I'm still trying to figure out how Walmart is claiming that you, in 24 hours, removed the drain plug. How the hell do they justify that statement? Why would anyone take the trouble to do that?!
      1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
      Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
      Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
      Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

Comment

Typical business response to shift responsibility. I would have more respect for them if they admitted their mistake and made good for it. I once caught a local Sears store cleaning up used batteries and selling them for new. State AG got involved and found out it was happening in more than one Sears in more than one state. Sears had to come up with major dollars to get out of that one and mend their ways. Love to catch SOB's screwing around and make them pay. Shame them and claim them!!! Too bad we as consumers have to be always vigilant in this manner, however.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Don't be nicer than you have to. These are people trying to get one of the largest companies in history out of fixing it's mistake. Fuck'em and don't take no for an answer. Good luck

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I agree with what everyone said. Walmart owes you a new engine. End of story. It's their negligence that caused your engine to die, they are responsible for fixing it.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Firstly they will try to drag this out and hope you give up (or if legal advice is required, run out of money). If that fails they may offer something cheap like a JY engine. DON"T FALL FOR ANY OF IT! Hold out for a new/reman engine installed correctly by Ford or a real good mechanic.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

. Talk to a lawyer. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight

Comment

Fight this one to the bitter end. It was there fuck up and by God they'll pay for it. You can win this and don't let there lawyers and managers try to trick you & make you think otherwise. And don't be hard on yourself for taking it to Walmart, there the one's who should feel badly for messing up your car. I once payed a crack head to fix my car so I'm not really one to talk, but I personally wouldn't even trust Walmart to screw in a light bulb.

sigpic

Comment

I would demand that the engine be installed at a Ford dealer. That way, every single thing they install, is an OEM part (assuming it's still available). That way, it will be done right, and cost the most at Wally World's expense.
                    1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

District manager offered me 2 choices...

$1000 Wal mart gift card or a Used engine installed at a mechanic of their choosing because of the age of the vehicle..

will be consulting a lawyer tomorrow..

Comment

This story makes me angry, and it didn't even happen to me.

I'm sure the mechanic of their choosing will be the same dipshit that didn't put the front drain plug back in.
                        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Hope everything works out for the best.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by PO'D-MERC View Post
                            District manager offered me 2 choices...

$1000 Wal mart gift card or a Used engine installed at a mechanic of their choosing because of the age of the vehicle..

will be consulting a lawyer tomorrow..
                            NO AND NO!! As I said, document everything and work it up the corporate ladder as this guy is useless. Then price it all out at a Ford dealership. Price of new/reman engine and labor. Have this documentation ready to fax. Hold off on the lawyer unless it is a "pro bono" case (free). $1K gift card or "mechanic" of their choice are BOTH not acceptable options. They are trying to see if you are stupid/desperate enough to accept those two bad offers. DON'T ACCEPT EITHER ONE!! Let us know what happens...

Comment

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke! Get your new engine out of them, whatever it takes. It's only right!
                              Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                              Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Fuck em! Take em for all you can! Sorry about your Catt man it sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X