Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

one peeved owner. (more rant then question, sorry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DO NOT TAKE THEIR CHEAP OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make em pay for the NEW engine not a cheap JY engine if you still get no satisfaction complain to your Attorny General's department of Automotive repair and I garruntee they will do something like make Walmart pay for a new engine like the guys said DOCUMENT EVERYTHING AND SAVE EVERY PICE OF PAPER PERTAINING TO YOUR CAR AND WALMART, note the time and name of persons who call you regarding your car and stand firm on the issue of a NEW engine. So good luck to ya.

Comment

All excellent advices! Just don't give up.

As was mentioned, this has happened at Walmart a lot more than once and they've had to shell out. This also used to happen at quick oil change places that replaced the drain plug and oil filter but did not tighten them properly causing the oil to eventually drain out. They were then liable for an engine replacement. The common practice now at these places is to way overtighten everything so nothing falls off....real talent. This is just one example of why no one but me touches my cars. Best of luck to you and I'm sure you will prevail!

Comment

Definitely don't give up and definitely don't let them push you around. A missing drain plug is a missing drain plug no matter if it's a 1989 or 2014.

'93 T-bird
        '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
        '88 Mark VII
        '86 CV

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln View Post
          This story makes me angry, and it didn't even happen to me.
          x1000!!!!

Originally posted by PO'D-MERC View Post
          District manager offered me 2 choices...

$1000 Wal mart gift card or a Used engine installed at a mechanic of their choosing because of the age of the vehicle..
          The oil tech they chose to change your oil couldn't even put a drain plug back in an oil pan, and you're supposed to trust a mechanic they choose to choose a good USED engine and replace it?

Fuck them.

If I had any idea how to do it, I'd say the media should get a hold of this one, and then seeing if trying to go cheap on this one is worth the cost of the negative publicity!

And, yeah, they might find out you paid only $500 for the car? So what? The car was worth FAR more than that, and frankly, a new motor is probably still a bargain compared to "get me a big car with 64,000 miles that runs perfectly and was flawlessly maintained".

Ugh, I'm not even thinking completely straight right now....
          1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
          Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
          Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
          Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

Comment

They now admitted fault! That was their first offer. They will send you to a Ford dealer if you keep pushing. Don't give up!!!
            sigpic
            89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
            13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
            "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

This man understands how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1tXS-NqT9I

Pete
              Originally posted by gadget73
              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

yep, you've got'em now. Keep pushing for the new engine. Consider getting an estimate from a high-end/performance shop or ford dealer now so you can have it ready when they finally give in.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

There isn't anything for me to say that hasn't already been said, get those fuckers! That's not the kind of mistake you make when it's your job to do oil changes. Seriously, what the hell did they do, take off the plug, replace the filter, and not even put new oil in? Or did they put new oil in and just not notice that it was leaking everywhere? Either way that is negligent as hell and IF they saw the drain plug after you left they should have done everything they could to contact you ASAP.

If they aren't saying "we'll replace your engine with a new one" then they're saying bullshit. Good luck.

Comment

i'm thinking they put the plug in and someone forgot to tighten it.. I have an appointment for a free consult with a lawyer on Monday.

Comment

yeah, I guess that would be the most likely scenario, either that or complete absent mindedness.

Comment

Good luck! I hope you prevail.
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                        91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                        93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                        Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                        Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                        95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

I wonder what the Lawyer advised you to do?

Comment

I'll admit that I'm also curious as to any updates.

Of course, there's also the possibility that a lawyer said "Do not discuss the case"
                            1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
                            Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
                            Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
                            Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

Comment

Like the kid that mentioned something on Facebook about going on vacation with money from a settlement the kid's parents had won, which caused the parents to forfeit the settlement ($80K I think it was).
                              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                              X