ADDCO 650 INSTALLED 87 Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADDCO 650 INSTALLED 87 Town Car

Finally installed the Addco 650 I've dreamt of for 6 months. My idea was to reinforce the triangulated section of our frame where that oblong oval cutout resides, but my friend and metal master Dan took it on step further and boxed in the corner of the entire frame underneath it with 1/4" steel plate. We bolted the swaybar to the rear axle housing, mocked up the endlinks to the new reinforcement plates, drilled the holes and here is the result. The car rides smooth as glass. Smoother than before. It handles on rails already and that's with a a sloppy front swaybar pushing the nose all over the road. The steering response is smooth. Needless to say it's amazing.

Last edited by 87stars_stripes; 02-26-2014, 02:39 AM.
    87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
    Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

That's some nice work....looks factory!

Comment

Thats really the way to do it. you really don't want that moving or breaking loose. It probably works better than the stock box type rear bar too since its not loading against the control arms. Any flex in the control arms or bushings with that stock setup will work towards negating what the bar does.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That's what I'm talking about. I had the opportunity to carve some corners on my ride home today. It's a progressive firmness that has not given any hint that it wants to break loose under hard cornering. I'm just amazed at how stable it is. I thought there was a chance it could be a little sloppy or rickety but it is tight as a nun.
        Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Thats really the way to do it. you really don't want that moving or breaking loose. It probably works better than the stock box type rear bar too since its not loading against the control arms. Any flex in the control arms or bushings with that stock setup will work towards negating what the bar does.
        87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
        Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

Comment

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X