No announcement yet.

Restored turbines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the navy blue '89. Car looks sweet with those wheels!
    Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
    Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
    Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
    Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Comment

Wanna do it to mine so bad!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i had mine media blasted... but before i mount them again just wondering if i need to clearcoat them or anything?
        are these magnesium or aluminum?

Comment

They're aluminum and to be safe I'd clear coat them

Comment

they'll corrode if there is no clearcoat or something to seal them. Honestly, if you can swing it I'd consider clear powdercoat rather than just rattle can. It should hold up better.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

X2 on Gadgets idea

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                Here are my restored turbines. SVT98t powder coated these for me. They are a wine/silver tutone and I have a matching set of five.

Come spring, the white walls will be cleaned up and the turbines will go on.
                These were the the ones you guys were talking about at Scottfest..

Damn, they came out nice.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Mine have been holding strong for almost ten years now. I sanded mine with 320 grit wet. It was a pain! I put plain old black spray paint on from Duplicolor. I then used thinner on the edges then followed with 600 then 1000 grit. I just polish every six months or so.
                  I originally wanted to polish the whole wheel but the factory charcoal proved too tough. I was going to polish the ends of the fins but I decided I liked the blackout look. No regrets here.
                  1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I just finished mine up last Friday. What a job. Most of the charcoal color in the spokes was good, but a few spots needed some touch up. Mixed some graphite wheel paint, along with some semi-gloss engine enamel. Matches almost prefectly.

The bare aluminum is sanded with 150 grit, then clearcoated with some spray can clear.

Still a bit of pitting from an old wheel weight, visible at the top of the wheel. Would have had to remove a bit of material to get rid of it completely. They look pretty good from just a few feet away.

1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Those look great hi-fi, I have a lead on a guy who does powder coating cheap way out in the sticks.
                      I have to wait a month or so to contact him as my daughter is getting married in three weeks.

Put a real strain on the fun money!
                      That's real nice for DIY
                      1989 crown Vic daily driver 165k and counting!
                      1987 MGM 49xxx mi awaiting light resto

Comment

Working...
                      X