Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD

Well, for those of you that have been keeping track, Vicky has been totalled out, and has become a parts car. So a link on here led me to this one, and my dad and I drove up to Grand Rapids yesterday and $2000 later I have this one. And it's the definition of a time capsule. The only pictures I have as of now were from the trip home, because I have been over at a friends house essentially since I got it home, and it's dark now. But it has 61,000 ACTUAL miles, has been meticulously weatherproofed, and has been in storage for approximately 10 years. It's a VV 302, and with a little help from gasoline and a new battery, it lit right off and drove right up the trailer. It has cream colored paint and a tan interior, and everything that I had been planning for Vicky is now going to be transferred to this one. All of the factory markings are still present and visible, and due to the inspection tag, we have pinpointed the build date to April 16, 1981. First Vicky before the accident:

Damage after the accident, bent frame and bumper, crumpled quarter and split trunk floor.

And now Vicky II at the pick up location, the journey back, and finally back home:

More pics tomorrow, I'm getting the title transferred and everything else and I'm going to start taking inventory on things.
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Congrats! Bringing home a time capsule is always fun
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Too bad about Vicky. Vicky II is a beautiful car.

'93 T-bird
      '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
      '88 Mark VII
      '86 CV

Comment

You have your self a nice car. Take good care of it!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

That car is beautiful. I'd leave it as is.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Score! Happy for ya man.. Welcome to the low Millage club ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That car is beautiful. I'd leave it as is.
              I'd go with this.

Gorgeous car.

Comment

Love it! Awesome find!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Noice!!! Bodywork is already done/pristine so all you have to do is suspension and engine. If that's what you have planned.

Packman

Comment

And 9 coats of wax! LOL

Comment

Nice! I like the wheel covers.

Pete
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                        Noice!!! Bodywork is already done/pristine so all you have to do is suspension and engine. If that's what you have planned.

Packman
                        That's pretty much it. There's a couple tiny spots of surface rust that needs to be taken of, but I'm enjoying it as is for as long as I can. The plan is to make it blue at some point, but I am in absolutely no rush. When it gets warmer I'm going to see how the wheels look with that color, and if not I'll stick with the wheel covers that I'm really warming up to.
                        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

The wheel covers are gorgeous! Don't touch that paint!! Lol

Comment

You are better off by far with this car Andrew. Your car had rust in some tough places to fix. Enjoy this one.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wow, she looks very clean! Congrats! +1 on keeping it in original form...if it's survived this long as a time capsule, might as well keep it that way. Where are the minor rust issues? Hopefully they're below the bodyline where they can be painted inconspiculously.

Interesting to note that your car and my '87 4-door have the same color of vinyl roof, but your paint is that color as well (mine is a darker beige). I never really noticed the difference that much on my car, but when you look at a monotone example like yours, the darker paint on mine really jumps out.

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                              The wheel covers are gorgeous!
                              I totally thought those were a cast aluminum rim like the "deep dish" alloys on mid-late '70s Lincolns. They look great on a box! These and the turbine wheel both descended from the barge wheel options.
                              Last edited by RyPow; 03-17-2014, 07:39 PM.
                              RyPow
                              1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
                              1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
                              1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
                              2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
                              1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
                              2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
                              2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Working...
                              X