No announcement yet.

Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a clean looking box. And who doesn't like that?

I really like those wheel covers...they're like the solid Lincoln ones I have on the Merc. At least you know you have a sharp looking option if your old wheels don't look quite right. The way it looks now, it would be one helluva sleeper.

sigpic
    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Cover was worth it for me. Mine was 5hundo. Gonna be running it year round now. Planning on picking up a new one each year if the summer kills it.
      I thought you had one, which one did you go for? I was looking at getting one of these: http://www.calcarcover.com/m_showmak...20Car%20Cover/

EDIT: It's the Superweave, apparently my link didn't work the way I wanted it.

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
      I though 79/80 were the only years for the slotted bumpers?

Also, putting an aftermarket radio in that car would be a sin to the box gods.
      That's what I was thinking about the radio. I just love that thing so much. If I were to ever upgrade I already decided this would be the only thing that goes in: http://www.retrosoundusa.com/products/details/id/330. But seriously though, I put the antenna on today and it still works like a dream.
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

14" wheels?
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

For aftermarket sound, the retro style unit sure looks like a winner to me. Its got everything you need and good specs. May look into those in the future for GMGT since, I still have the original radio bezel.

But of course, going through the car and making sure she is road reliable is first...

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
            14" wheels?
            Yep, that was the other thing that kind caught me off guard.

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
            For aftermarket sound, the retro style unit sure looks like a winner to me. Its got everything you need and good specs. May look into those in the future for GMGT since, I still have the original radio bezel.

But of course, going through the car and making sure she is road reliable is first...
            Yeah, I had seen their radios at car shows before and they have quality stuff. I'd want it to look like it belongs there but also have the improved sound quality, there's no way I'd change it completely so I could fit a single din in there, it's be sacrelegious. lol
            Last edited by hemihotrod402; 03-18-2014, 09:16 PM.
            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

You could always find and swap out a color/pattern matching DIN sized center dash piece, then swap it back for the car shows
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

What about having a second head unit hidden somewhere in the bowels of the dash? I know some people do that with 50's cars. They have the two linked up so that you can use the USB/Bluetooth/CD from the newer hidden unit while retaining the original appearance of the old one.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
                2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
                2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Glove Box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by L1011tristar17 View Post
                    What about having a second head unit hidden somewhere in the bowels of the dash? I know some people do that with 50's cars. They have the two linked up so that you can use the USB/Bluetooth/CD from the newer hidden unit while retaining the original appearance of the old one.
                    That was the other option, the same company makes a small compact headunit to do just that, designed for the models they don't produce.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by hemihotrod402; 03-18-2014, 11:31 PM.

Comment

If anyone is looking for the stock type radio like 84Grandmarquis' tan car has, My old Merc in the wrecking yard still has it .

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                        Glove Box!
                        Exactly. My '73 Buick still has the nice original dial radio in the dash and a modern radio/CD player mounted in the glovebox.

Comment

73 huh? Big Ol clock on the dash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sad to see my car's doppleganger go, but damn you found a nice replacement. Good luck with it

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                              Sad to see my car's doppleganger go, but damn you found a nice replacement. Good luck with it
                              The current plans now are to make another doppelganger, I just have a better starting point than the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                                ....I really like those wheel covers...they're like the solid Lincoln ones I have on the Merc. At least you know you have a sharp looking option if your old wheels don't look quite right. The way it looks now, it would be one helluva sleeper.
                                Yes and yes!!!

Originally posted by L1011tristar17 View Post
                                Perhaps the glove compartment? If I had my '53 running; I would consider that as a place for the radio or MSD iggy box.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X