Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the best and cheapest way of going about getting dual exhaust for my 03 marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the best and cheapest way of going about getting dual exhaust for my 03 marquis

what are my options and about what are the prices

junkyard, Those factory stainless systems last. Might be time for new cats. Though if you find a low mile wreck should be good to go.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I got a junkyard PI duals out of 2010 Interceptor for 50 bucks. It's definitely the cheapest way to go.

Comment

Yup. Junkyard if you can.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I plan on the JY duals with ching-chong Magnaflow ebay knockoff mufflers someday.

Pete
          Originally posted by gadget73
          For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
          1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
          1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

i would really like about 2'' pipes running out the back and the marquis has 24,000 miles so i dont think i need new cats or if i did would it be for them not being used as often? and i dont mind spending up to 700 for a good system i just dont want to end up seeing extra work other than labor after

Comment

drop rear axle... unbolt H-pipe from cats... take all the rest out the back. Reverse process for your car after removing the y-pipe and single exhaust. Direct bolt on, but you will need to make some driver side hangers. Stock pipes should be 2".

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

junkyards are not allowed to sell used cats btw.......it's against federal law

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                  drop rear axle... unbolt H-pipe from cats... take all the rest out the back. Reverse process for your car after removing the y-pipe and single exhaust. Direct bolt on, but you will need to make some driver side hangers. Stock pipes should be 2".
                  I recently finished doing this to my 04 with a set from an 06 at the local junk yard. You might have issues getting the parts to separate (H-pipe to muffler), I ended up having to purchase a separator tool (Summit Racing) wasn't the greatest but it got the job done.

You won't need to fabricate hangers for the drivers side, take the existing ones from the donor car the holes are already there to be used.
                  2004 MGM LS Ultimate
                  KYB Civi shocks, 29mm front 21mm rear sway bars, Stock dual exhaust added, 70mm TB, AEM Dry Flow Cone Filter w/ MAF adapter, 6W73-5560-CA rear springs

Comment

I thought it was all welded from the H-Pipe back, so I wasn't expecting to separate the H-pipe from the mufflers. Saws all or a hack saw would also work if you can't get the entire length to fit for travel. The only separation I'm talking about is fromt he cats to the h-pipe which should be just a bolt-on flange. The rest is just hung on rubber isolators. Unbolting the rear shocks to get the axle to drop enough to clear is the only other bolts to mess with. At least that's what my thinking of this project would be.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

How much you have to unbolt depends on how high you can get your car off the ground. I didn't have access to a lift so I had to do the following;

- Remove Shock
                      - Remove Brake Caliper
                      - Remove Spring
                      - Remove Sway Bar link
                      - Disconnect one side of watts-link

You should only have to do this to the driver side since the single exhaust from the muffler back is the same regardless.

Here are some pictures I took of it... Pics
                      2004 MGM LS Ultimate
                      KYB Civi shocks, 29mm front 21mm rear sway bars, Stock dual exhaust added, 70mm TB, AEM Dry Flow Cone Filter w/ MAF adapter, 6W73-5560-CA rear springs

Comment

true, and I forget about the watts link on the later cars.

Comment

I feel sorry for you guys stateside. Here in Ontario at least, I can't speak for other provinces, we can used all the used parts we want, including Cats. If law is a concern, drive over here to a local exhaust shop. Most will allow you to have used cats or whatever you supply welded in. Could be a cheap substitute for anyone on a budget.

Comment

You could get just about any exhaust shop to fab up and install duals for that price or buy all the factory pieces for around 500 through oreillys

Comment

Working...
                            X