Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 Lincoln Town Car - Signature Series (TecNickal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	1281109Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1281110Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1281111Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1281112
    Well at just a tad over 79k, this cars life was brought to a halt. Car was parked in the backyard of my buddies house. Perfectly healthy, good looking tree on a bright, clear sunny day, decided it's largest limb no longer needed to be attached to the tree. It landed on top of my car :-(

75% of damage estimate or more in the state of SC means the car is totaled. Without the supplement it was at 73%. With supplement it went over, thus totaled.

The value of the car per State Farm ended up being MORE than what I paid for it in March 2014! Even with nearly 30k more. I retained the car for $615.

I purchased another car to replace it.
    Attached Files
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Going to get another one?
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

ouch. Good investment though!
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

At least it wasn't you or anyone else under the tree. Sad for the car though. Bet it's a good donor.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Sorry to hear and see your Lincoln looking like that. What a shame. It would be nice if you could swap your good parts into another that was not in great shape. Glad that you were able to retain the Lincoln as salvage.
            What did you buy ?

Comment

Damn buddy sorry to hear/see that. Had a similar experience but got the shaft from insurance to boot. Hope to see the replacement soon. Did you keep it to strip parts or do you have plans to fix it?

Comment

Ill keep Car as a shell for now. Interior has dash a seat belt and a seat. Nothing else. Power train is amazing. Won't fix since safety structure of car was compromised. B pillar got tweeked and bent

I bought another car
                -Nick M.
                Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Working...
                X