Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 Caprice, the new on-going project! (Yes, I'm still alive!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Lord, I haven't been back on here in a while, sorry man!

Yeah the people that own them love them, and don't seem to really have any issies with them. I couldn't tell you exactly why though, lol.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

I did finally uncover it and start it up again today! Took a while to get fuel up to the carb, lol.

https://youtu.be/y6NTxYlCu2E

Comment

He lives!

If I could find another one and am in the market for a "new" car, I'd buy one..

Didn't watch the video but protip is to take an old ketchup bottle or something, fill it with gas and then fill the float bowls up through the bowl's vent. This way the engine will fire & run while the pump works to get gas up to the carb without burning up your starter & extended dry cranking.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
          He lives!

If I could find another one and am in the market for a "new" car, I'd buy one..

Didn't watch the video but protip is to take an old ketchup bottle or something, fill it with gas and then fill the float bowls up through the bowl's vent. This way the engine will fire & run while the pump works to get gas up to the carb without burning up your starter & extended dry cranking.
          Very interesting! That's a good idea man...

It was much happier firing up yesterday, first time I've started it since. Still haven't moved it, haha.

Comment

It's not everyday I have those haha.

..wanna sell it???

Comment

It's not everyday I have those haha.

..wanna sell it???
              I'm good! Haha.

I've thought about it so I could get a truck, but then I start it up... And that's all I need!

Comment

I'm sure we'll be selling a truck in a few months. I mean, who needs three??

Comment

I'm sure we'll be selling a truck in a few months. I mean, who needs three??
                  because breakdowns happen and you always want a working one.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

LoL yeah, it would be nice to have an auxiliary vehicle again. Now whenever a car is down I'll either tap Ashley or she'll tap me. Short of the initial month or two, her Ford trucks have never had to have unexpected visits to the shop. Can't say that about my Chevy stuff..

Comment

Well, these four that are out of the garage are mine... Haha. Then the lady has two cars as well!

Comment

LoL I like that Buickish thing or whatever it is! Guess I'm not the only one who likes weird stuff. That Berretta is nice, reminds me of my Grand Am. If only those things were rear wheel drive...

Having a spouse who also enjoys cars is a huge plus, I'm super thankful for that every day. We're one of the lucky ones haha.

Comment

What’s the yellow car hiding in the garage?
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I swear I saw this car’s twin earlier this week, one town over. Silver ‘77-‘79 Caprice sedan with black vinyl top and cloth interior. Sending good vibes your way Murph!
                            '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                            '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                            '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

The gold one is my Electra Park Avenue, and the Beretta is my baby, haha. The yellow one is the lady's '06 Charger Daytona. I still need to take my Caprice out on the road... Still hasn't moved out of the gravel patch, lol. Occasionally I see one that looks like mine out here too! It's probably mid '80's, but gray and black top too.

I did finally change my idler arm, that thing was shot...

Comment

I thought that looked like a Buick Electra. You used to see those things everywhere around here up until about 5 years ago or so. Now you almost never see them.

Do you use Hagerty or similar classic car insurance for any of your cars? I use it on my '78 and only costs like $125/yr in insurance. My '96 and '89 are regular insurance but I'm thinking of maybe moving the '89 over as well because as of right now I'm paying about $100/month for each of them.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X