Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 Caprice, the new on-going project! (Yes, I'm still alive!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the alternator charging or the engine starting would do it. Same current on the + and - side, the one thats shittier will get hot first.

Since it looks like the battery to body ground smoked, I'm guessing you have either no engine to body ground, or the battery to engine connection was NFG and it was trying to pull from the battery via the battery to body and body to engine connections. Either way, skinny wire connection was probably fine, fat wire, not so much.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Very bad connection on the main ground. I re-grounded it to where it was when I first bought the car, and it's fine now.

https://youtu.be/WH2uQBSUUiw

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
      1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
      1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
      1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

I did some more work this weekend, I finally installed my "new" emblems, and I redid my upper control arms as well.

Comment

Emblem is crooked :P
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
            Emblem is crooked :P
            Close enough for me, haha.

Finally ditched my junk eBay bulbs too!

Comment

The tab for the license to lower it to fill her up had been missing for a while. Picked up this fancy doo-dad on clearance at my work, fit perfect!

Comment

That plastic tab is sweet, as long as it does not break. Better than the factory one.

Comment

I can't stand rear center fill locations for gas. At least with you Cap-Rice it looks like you don't have to get on your knees to fill it.

Comment

It's pretty heavy plastic, I hope it doesn't break! The main annoyances are not being able to put the filler all the way down in the neck, having to hold the plate down, and having to walk around the car to put gas in!

I washed the car Thursday, and spray waxed my chrome pieces today. It needed it, bad! Just another opportunity to take a couple pictures...

Comment

I'd lose all them stupid stickers from the rear window, then tint the shit outta it. Mirror tint if you wanna see thru it easy from the inside out, black as night for more badassness.

Also washing her is nice and all, but when are you gonna pop the trim off the bottom of the doors and fix that rust hiding behind it? Looks like you're well on your way to have holy sheetmetal there, at least on the leading edge of the front door shown in that new emblem pic from a few posts back. Do something about this problem now, before you need entire rust-free doors...
                      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by murphmobile2 View Post
                        It's pretty heavy plastic, I hope it doesn't break! The main annoyances are not being able to put the filler all the way down in the neck, having to hold the plate down, and having to walk around the car to put gas in!
                        This. I drove my Fury through parts of Ohio, Illinois and across the perimeter of Michigan. I got tired of putting gas in it around the Mackinaw area lol. When not driven every day, it's fine though.
                        Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                        I'd lose all them stupid stickers from the rear window, then tint the shit outta it. Mirror tint if you wanna see thru it easy from the inside out, black as night for more badassness.
                        This too, I support the black, ceramic tint option.

Comment

Window stickers are staying, sorry, haha. I've considered tinting the windows, but it has to flow with the car too. Super dark just wouldn't flow at all. 35% might, but I'm still up in the air on it. The top is shot, and I feel it would be a waste right now to tint the windows and leave a shitty top on the car.

The driver door is already toast, too many projects going on and not enough time to take on a larger project. It is what it is. It'll get done eventually.

Comment

I finally "assembled" my HD tie rods! Now to get the old ones off...

Comment

I may have killed two birds with one stone here!

How so? Heater core blew! Hopefully that's been part of a water leak I've had for months (doubtful but hoping) and that's where the knocking I've been hearing for months has been coming from too.

My driver's fenderwell by the firewall was also full of leaves and some old pliers. Found these while trying to find said water leak, haha.

Comment

WTF? LoL.. Were the pliers in the heater box??

Comment

Working...
                                X