Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 Caprice, the new on-going project! (Yes, I'm still alive!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Murph it does have some rusry crust but not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentkiller View Post
      Yes Murph it does have some rusry crust but not bad.
      Now I just need to get it out of the garage, haha.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
      1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
      1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
      1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

All cleaned up and put away for winter! Maybe next year I'll actually do more with it...

Comment

Nice job with the gravel, I ought to do that to my backyard behind the garage. Level it out, spread gravel and park cars. I even have some river rocks like you've got to make it pretty.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Is that a Chevy Burrito in the garage? I haven't seen one of those in ages. Probably not since my step-sister's husband wrecked his. He likes to tell the story about how him and his brother would compete to see who could destroy tires the fastest, he won with 2k miles on a brand new set of front tires. I can't remember which engine his had, it was the "fast" one (z24?) and it did sound pretty good.
            -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
            1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
            1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
              Nice job with the gravel, I ought to do that to my backyard behind the garage. Level it out, spread gravel and park cars. I even have some river rocks like you've got to make it pretty.
              Thanks man! I can't take all the credit though, I just bought it and transported it. Thr lady did most of the work, lol. Pea gravel, landscaping cloth, then river pebbles. Long bricks for the borders. Seems to be holding up well so far!

Comment

Originally posted by BigMerc96 View Post
                Is that a Chevy Burrito in the garage? I haven't seen one of those in ages. Probably not since my step-sister's husband wrecked his. He likes to tell the story about how him and his brother would compete to see who could destroy tires the fastest, he won with 2k miles on a brand new set of front tires. I can't remember which engine his had, it was the "fast" one (z24?) and it did sound pretty good.
                Yeah it is! I love mine, it's my baby lol. Not exactly stock, this one is...

Comment

I always thought those and Grand Am's were good looking cars. I don't know that I'd own one with 6 cylinders though.

Thanks for the details on the landscaping! I know what to keep in mind should I feel motivated to do something back there haha.

Comment

not sure I'd own one that wasn't a V6. You can keep that Quad 4, the 3100 is a way more awesome engine.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

GTZ is where it was at.
                      1997 Grand Marquis LS HPP
                      2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

- Richard

Comment

I always thought those and Grand Am's were good looking cars. I don't know that I'd own one with 6 cylinders though.

Thanks for the details on the landscaping! I know what to keep in mind should I feel motivated to do something back there haha.
                        No problemo! Glad to be of assistance!

Comment

And I would gladly take a red GTZ with a quad 4, oh Lordy Lordy that's my dream Beretta! We have a guy on the forum with a high compression quad 4 on nitrous that runs low 13's...

Don't get me wrong though, I won't part with my 3500, no way!

Comment

Oh yeah, I once saw a 442 or something like that with a Quad 4 in it. I really wanted it, was in impeccable shape but I've heard conflicting stories about the Quad 4, so at the time I was looking for a DD and those have a reputation of being rather finicky so I passed. Have you ever owned one long term? I had a regular Quad and in my God Dam and it was a great little terd. Always wanted another one with either 4 banger mated to a 5 speed. All of them appear to have been run into the ground haha.

Comment

Oh yeah, I once saw a 442 or something like that with a Quad 4 in it. I really wanted it, was in impeccable shape but I've heard conflicting stories about the Quad 4, so at the time I was looking for a DD and those have a reputation of being rather finicky so I passed. Have you ever owned one long term? I had a regular Quad and in my God Dam and it was a great little terd. Always wanted another one with either 4 banger mated to a 5 speed. All of them appear to have been run into the ground haha.
                              I never have owned a Quad, but the guys on the forum that do absolutely love them!

Comment

Any issues with them?? I've heard a few people talk about them and it's nothing but love these days. Some ten years ago though everyone acted like they were some terminal illness or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X