Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 Caprice, the new on-going project! (Yes, I'm still alive!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good! Came to say what farm said.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

No burnout videos until I ditch the ridiculous 2.41 gears! I need to finish tuning the new carb too, lol.

I hope this will do for now...

http://youtu.be/yW1rgrTfJ_E

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
      1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
      1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
      1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Sounds awesome. Love that idle

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't wait for 3.55 gears and drive-by video. I'd like to know how it sounds with just a normal take-off and drive-by. So many guys on youtube just post a video of their car going full throttle, as if that's how they drive 100% of the time. I'm interested in how a car sounds the other 99% of the time.

But since you're not a jackass, I think you know this already.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I plan on doing in and out of car, drive by, cruising, full throttle, etc...

But the old Turdmobile's intake manifold didn't seal right on the back, so it looks like that's getting pulled. But I'm done with the stupid car until Spring!

Comment

getting Chevy intakes to seal is a pain. The cork gaskets aren't worth a shit. GM factory gasket sets come with a tube of RTV now. I've been told that The Right Stuff is excellent for the purpose, but I've done it a number of times with regular old RTV. usually I let it set up for a couple of minutes before putting the intake down though, seems to help it from squishing out. Have to drop the intake straight on though, if you move it back and forth to locate it, the RTV moves and thats usually it.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think the intake on my truck is leaking, I'm losing coolant somewhere, but I'm not worried about it, the transmission will go long before the 305. It's a cold blooded bitch but the 305 gives zero fucks. When I got the truck as a teenager I used to be stupid with it, take it to fields and do donuts, with the tach pegged at the 5k max for a few seconds at a time and it still runs like a champ.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I'll tear it off in Spring, I need to repaint parts of the block anyways so it'll be a nice small project for me.

I put her away for winter yesterday, she's all covered up and awaiting warmer weather.

Comment

Something small while I wait for Spring. The factory flexplate cover was torn up pretty bad anyways...

Comment

OOoh, looks to be iron phosphate. Paint that bad boy or it will rot. Iron phos is almost as good as zinc phos but both are worthless unless they have some sort of paint over them. Car looks good in it's storage spot, has a good looking front end and great stance with those fat tires. You did well with the backspacing.

Comment

It's zinc coated, but I'll definitely hit it with some clear before I put it on!

Comment

Fancy intake gaskets! I won't be using the cork, I have some Ultra Black!

Last edited by murphmobile2; 02-17-2016, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Congratulations, your car looks great, a co-worker had a Caprice Classic a very comfortable car.

Comment

Sure does, very cool Chevy. Interior pics and such are needed!

Comment

Just looked through most of this thread. This car has come a long way. Great job.

The murph deuce was one of the first modded boxes I saw on car domain, even before I knew about GMN.
                                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X