Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 Caprice, the new on-going project! (Yes, I'm still alive!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, that always drove me crazy. Until I bought headers, it didn't seem to matter what I did to the 302, I just couldn't get it loud enough. Even with headers, it wasn't really loud. The last exhaust I had on it before I sold it sounded the best though. Hedman shorties, 2.5" pipes, an H-pipe, 18" core Thrush glasspacks and dumps before the rear axle. No cats either.

1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

She's out and about! Glad to be driving the old turd again!

Ordered my new rear tires, 255/60's to replace my two worn 235/60's. Ordered day before from California, received yesterday. I also ordered a chrome rear view mirror online for my Buick, and it arrived with a small ding and a tiny crack. They didn't want it back when they sent the new one, but it looks great in this car so I'm happy!

Comment

Originally posted by murphmobile2 View Post
        She's out and about! Glad to be driving the old turd again!
        LoL, I know the feeling. I'm getting excited about this warmer weather & melting snow. After a few good rains wash this salt BS away I'll be putting around in my '69 Fury.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

It rained for about two days here in Ohio, so that helped a lot! We have more coming tonight, so looks like I'll have to cave and get some wipers too, lol.

Comment

I like those tires. I may have to get a set of those for the bird whenever I decide to get new rims.

'93 T-bird
            '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
            '88 Mark VII
            '86 CV

Comment

Originally posted by murphmobile2 View Post
              It rained for about two days here in Ohio, so that helped a lot! We have more coming tonight, so looks like I'll have to cave and get some wipers too, lol.
              Send some of that to Michigan! Good wipers make a huge difference, too bad it's getting hard to find the traditional frame type that last more than 3 months... Got those ugly frameless ones on the TC.

Originally posted by purplebomb302 View Post
              I like those tires. I may have to get a set of those for the bird whenever I decide to get new rims.
              They sure look nice and provide lots of grip. I was thinking of putting BF Goodrich g-force on the Fireturd next year when it's time to drive that again..

Comment

The old metal frame wipers are still plentiful in my area, I like the Michelin blades at Wal-Mart myself. At only $6-7 a pop, they work great.

Now I'll have BF Goodrich on the front and Cooper's on the rear! Haha, as long they're all raised white letter and have tread, I'm happy!

Comment

I ran those cooper equivalents on my Ranger, those were great tires, could handle off ramps at 50+ mph!

Comment

I did fun stuff today. Gauges are in!

Comment

The area where the idiot lights are would be great for a tach!
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yeah I don't know how I'd like having to look down to the tach. On my C10 it was clamped to the top of the steering column in front of the dash, and that got annoying at times, it was only out of the way when shifted into park. I'd rather it be mounted on top of the dash, to the left or right of the steering wheel, but it looks good being there, better to have one at all, least you can monitor it while it's warming up.
                        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I kept seeing cars at the local cruise in's last summer with the tach in that spot, and it just grew on me, lol. I need an aftermarket steering wheel too. It's so big, and due to it's design it blocks the tach unless I'm turning!

Tires are going on today as well, I should have a photo by tonight with the 255's on the back!

Comment

Boom! 255's on the back!

To give an idea of how bad the tires were that I had replaced, this is the better of the two and my new spare. The old spare had the metal wires poking out of it, so by all means this one is at least better in an emergency.

Comment

I had a Grant Classic steering wheel on my C10 (the cheap one from O'Reilly, 834 series I think, small 11.5" diameter) and I liked it, made it a lot easier to get in an out of the truck, I could barely squeeze my legs under the huge stock steering wheel.
                              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I'm leaning towards the Grant 440, I can't stop looking at these and think it would go perfectly with the car's interior...

Comment

Working...
                                X