Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 Caprice, the new on-going project! (Yes, I'm still alive!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sure won't be a race engine, but at least it looks a heck of a lot better!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Putting the intake on once it's in? Its a lot easier to do that out of the car. One thing I never liked about GM intakes is that the bolts don't go straight down. You can't make up alignment dowels to hold the gaskets and line up the intake. You just have to shmoo them in place and hope you get it dropped in square without moving the gaskets. I do appreciate that they finally gave up on the stupid end wall gaskets though. If you buy gaskets from GM, they come with a little tube of black RTV and instructions to use it. The cork BS never worked.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Schmoo.. LoL.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
          Schmoo.. LoL.
          Technical term.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

He said he wants to put the intake on the car once the motor is in, and he's done it enough times I'm letting him do whatever he pleases lol.

Comment

Intake is on, just had to pick up a new bracket so the old throttle cables fit on my Holley...

Comment

What, no burnout videos yet?

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                  What, no burnout videos yet?
                  Shut up Bobcat... err Derek

Running car first yo.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Figured I'd beat him to the punch

Comment

Hahaha... We'll get there!

Better photo for you guys, lol.

Comment

what are you doing for the missing power steering bracket? Those things tend to flex and make the belt jump or scream if the bracket that went to the exhaust manifold is missing. I believe you might be able to fake it if you make a spacer to go between the header and the bracket tho. They also tend to scream if the AC is missing since the second belt on the PS pump is the AC belt, unless you have alternate belt routing to get both belts on without the compressor.
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think I'll fab up a bracket for it, I ran it without one for a while and didn't have any problems though. But, that also means nothing...

Comment

The V belt nonsense in the late 70s had gotten pretty bad. Motors had way too many things to drive in a sane manner with so many different belts. It sure was easier when they finally went serpentine in the 80s.

Comment

Should be pretty easy to route a serpentine belt for wp, alt and p/s only on a small block, probably a diagram and belt length floating around out there somewhere. Might have to search on a hot rodder forum, ask those guys because it's a common setup for hot rods.
                              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

the offsets are all different so the multiple belts can pass each other. More likely he'd need a complete new set of brackets to make that work.

Comment

Working...
                                X