Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 Caprice, the new on-going project! (Yes, I'm still alive!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Tiggie! She needs A LOT more work, but I can only do so much, lol.

I definitely need to spruce up the interior a bit, I'll get some better pics of what I'm working with in Spring though. It really needs new carpet!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

I've been busy the past few weeks, lol.

The M/T covers didn't have any baffles, so I decided to switch to some tall chrome Jegs covers. I also did a quick respray, new gaskets, new water pump... It's almost back together!

My antifreeze powered turbo... Hahaha. I can't get myself to part with the hose heater, it's just part of the car now!

Comment

Is that some sort of... coolant heater that runs off of house current? Engine looks mint!
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Engine looks great Murph! I love accessories but love a clean engine bay even more. Get rid of that plastic fuel filter and replace it with a metal case one, just a disaster waiting to happen..
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I just realized you said it was a hose heater in between the pictures, whoops! Nifty
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

How does that heater thing work? Does it circulate coolant & heat it at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                How does that heater thing work? Does it circulate coolant & heat it at the same time?
                It just sits in-line on the lower hose. No pump, just warms the coolant and the heat rises and warms the engine by proxy.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                  It just sits in-line on the lower hose. No pump, just warms the coolant and the heat rises and warms the engine by proxy.
                  Ahh, thank you for the explanation good sir.

Comment

Yep, just heats it up! It has to be pretty old, all metal and it was pretty corroded up. It cleaned up real well. I hit it with hammered black, then a coat of aluminum engine paint. I had a nice metal fuel filter laying there at work for it yesterday, but I forgot it when I went to leave. The joys of having crazy days at work. "Fortunately" I have a work meeting in the morning, and I plan to go hopefully finish the car tomorrow, so I'll pick it up then.

Comment

Cool car Murph! I drive a worn out Roadmaster right now, your Buick is definitely better.
                      Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                      Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Assembled and runs! Now to tune that Holley!

https://vimeo.com/162215786

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I can help you tune that Holley, got pretty decent with them by tuning the one on my Fury.

Comment

Found the issue on the Holley, the choke thermostat was bad out of the get go!

She sounded pretty healthy too!

https://vimeo.com/165805032

Then this happened...

One of these is not like the other! Picked up a hardened set for $35, might as replace them all.

Comment

If you've got to drive General Motors, at least it's square!

J/K of course. My Roadmaster has been a great car. I love your Caprice!
                                Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                                Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X