Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 Caprice, the new on-going project! (Yes, I'm still alive!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission anything that doesn't come with good instructions is just a bad idea. So much to go wrong in there if it doesn't have good details.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah... the shift kit book for the transgo kit in my 88 is like 8 pages.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Holy crapola!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
        1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
        1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
        1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

it's a lot of large print and warnings and such. I think the actual important part about the shiftkit itself is 4 pages.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

The weather still hasn't become Spring-like yet. Not much, but some progress at least.

All the headlights are re-wired for my new black headlamps with 9003's, and the fan shroud along with the clutch fan have been removed to make way for my dual electric Z28 fans. I also finally got around to installing my tranny cooler!

Side note; polishing compound works much quicker than metal polishing compound, lol. Had these puppies done in less than half an hour!

Comment

Found my oil leak... A hacked up timing cover pushing the oil pan gasket backwards and displacing it. No way that was ever sealing...

Comment

How noisy is that timing set up compared to a chain set up? I prefer gears to chains.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Oh, she noisy! It'll be a lot more pronounced when I get my electric fans installed too.

http://youtu.be/FahB_Z1409A

Comment

nah... supercharger whine... that's what it is

Comment

Nice!!!

The balancer in my old Malibu separated and sprayed the engine bay with oil one night. Took the front end of the engine apart just to find out that the 2-piece timing cover that was supposed to be there, was not. I had the 1-piece from a truck; which is where the 305 probably came from. That was such a pain replacing the front crank seal. This thread brings back so many memories....

Comment

This is a cool project.

Needs gears! Does this have a 7.5"?
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I absolutely abhor the timing covers on these cars. My new one showed up finally at least!

And yes I really need gears! 2.41's in a 7.5 is a horrible, horrible setup for this car haha.

Comment

Old vs. new!

Comment

The old cover is crusty as hell.

Comment

More prep and paint today...

Comment

Working...
                                X