Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 Caprice, the new on-going project! (Yes, I'm still alive!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badass car. Love the new wheel tire setup. Only thing this car was missing is the glasshouse aero back window. Did they offer that in a 4 door?
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I know it's been done before but an LT1 would look nice in there.
      1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

1978 Caprice, the new on-going project! (Yes, I'm still alive!)

They didn't offer the aero in a four door unfortunately, but I wish! And I'm slowly moving towards a Vortec 350 swap now, but still in the far future! Now for a bit of updates, been a little crazy lately, so it's been difficult...

Blue calipers!

I also tore the headliner out, I was tired of being rained on by brown dust when is accidentally bump it... Here's a photo after I pulled it out, lol. And yea, I know, sweet teal duct tape huh!

1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
        1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
        1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

We had a flash flood in my city last week as well. The car was in the back of my work parking lot, and the whole exhaust system was under water. Fired right up, not a problem! Of course, I had to do a burnout in our flooded lot too... That was interesting lol.

Oh yea; progress! Started the body work! Just a little bit done on the driver's rear panel, rear door, and front fender.

Comment

Nice work. I like seeing the progress you made, also nice seeing someone work on their car every now and then.

So I have to ask...how's ya get to the car in all that water?
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Let's just say that it was up to my knees where I stood to take the photo of it haha.

And thanks man!

Comment

More body work finished! Most of the rear driver's panel is done, along with a large portion of the rear passenger's door.

I also picked up a three gauge set from Harbor Freight, on sale $17.99. I didn't have a lot of time to mess with it today as I spent the morning through early afternoon at work, and the rest of the afternoon grilling out with my dad. Looks good so far though, mounting like I did on the Ford!

Comment

Even more of the body is finished!

I also got tired of having a broken turn signal switch, I guess now it's a "multi function" switch? Haha...

Comment

lol
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

These cars are pretty awesome, I'm not gonna lie. The two door ones have interested me for quite a bit and one day may have to be owned.

454 - T56, let's go!

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Nice! I've always had a thing for the pre '85 B-bodies. Especially the '77-'81 Caprices n' Impalas. That body work is coming along well. Silver is a super color for this car, by the way. The old B-bodies are among the few cars that silver really works on. Love how much space there is to mount stuff like auxiliary gauges (column shifter FTW), just like in the panthers. Multi-function switch is.... multifunctional. Haha. Reminds me of when I had to start Ebyt with a screwdriver.
                        '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                        '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                        '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Driver's side is el completo!

Comment

nice

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Awesome work!!! I couldn't get anywhere near that smooth; even with some Jack Daniels.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                                6 liter Vortec swap!
                                There's a 2 door Caprice like this for sale here in KC with a cammed 6.0 swap and cutouts. It sounds downright vicious, I highly recommend it
                                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                                X