No announcement yet.

The Fist of Pain through the years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 5 years so far doing security forces. Some days I just want to rip my innards out and hang myself with my own bowels but it's not a bad gig. I probably have an 1/8 of the work load of a civilian cop. I'm hoping to survive the cuts so I can reenlist.
    The Fist of Pain
    2007 Mercury Grand Marquis GS

Comment

Originally posted by PainFisted View Post
      I have 5 years so far doing security forces. Some days I just want to rip my innards out and hang myself with my own bowels but it's not a bad gig. I probably have an 1/8 of the work load of a civilian cop. I'm hoping to survive the cuts so I can reenlist.
      If need be, think about cross training to stay in. I did it twice. Three careers in 20 years is not bad. On the plus side you learn a lot. On the negative side you can be a SSgt, but with FNG knowledge.

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
      George Burns

Comment

I want to cross train but I'm on a retention board right now and cross trains are canceled until next spring. I would like to stay in and eventually be a first sergeant. The whole force shaping process right now is totally dicked up.
        The Fist of Pain

Comment

I crosstrained as a Tech, to be a C-130 Loadmaster.

The learning curve is steep, but I have learned a TON out here...
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by PainFisted View Post
            SVT are you still in? Where are you stationed?
            I am. I was active duty, then Palace Chase'd over to the Reserves. I'm stationed in Niagara Falls and am a turbo-prop jet engine mechanic on C-130s.
            Currently I'm doing the Deid.

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I want to deploy. :-(
              The Fist of Pain

Comment

Went to the car wash. :-D

If I have time this break I'm going to be replacing the vinyl top. Can someone tell me what adhesive to use for the vinyl top and the headliner?
                The Fist of Pain

Comment

I've never done that before. You might want to ask the box guuys, because they're used to dealing with vinyl tops and such.

-ryan s.
                  08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                  97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                  94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                  73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                  12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                  Originally posted by pantera77
                  Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

For the headliner I used some spray adhesive that came in an aerosol can. I think it was 3M or something like that. Just remember to put on enough of it. The headliner material is bubbling up in some places I didn't spray as much glue on.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
                    2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
                    2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

If the foam in the headliner is falling apart, gluing it won't do much. We use industrial contact cement to do headliners.
                      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

^^ Exactly. The adhesive will make dark spots if you just try to glue the fabric to the foam. If it's already separated, you might as well pull the headliner and put on new material.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
                        2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
                        2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

I highly recommend having a professional do the vinyl top.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            I highly recommend having a professional do the vinyl top.
                            +1. Remove the trim yourself to help reduce cost if you want... but yes, have a pro do it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The Fist of Pain

Comment

Those new MKZs are pretty sharp. Depending on engine optioning, those things can be pretty quick, too.

My Cars:
                                -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                                -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                                -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                                -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X