Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will pay you $100.00 if you can cure this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your car have vent windows?
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I have the same issue except the passenger side with my 90 CV police car. I have narrowed it down to the water coming down the A pillar, running down a seam behind the kick panel then down another seam down the side(during hard rain) to the rear floor area. During a hard rain, both the floor areas have water under the floor mats. I also have not ruled out another leak around the B pillar, since it used to have a light bar. I do have rubber mat instead of the carpet, so it easier to clean up. I try to keep the car out of the rain.
      One of the Lincolns had water coming in on the front passenger side. That problem was debris behind the fender at the low spot plugging the drain area.

Comment

Maybe from around the B pillar? If you have a GM maybe it's coming in from around the opera light?

'93 T-bird
        '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
        '88 Mark VII
        '86 CV

Comment

Yes it does (1986) but I never see water on the door interior panel??
          Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
          Does your car have vent windows?

Comment

One more thing, all good suggestions!............but the fact I have a large puddle dead center on top my rubber floor mat, ...........does this suggest a w/s leak as well??

Comment

Man, never thought of that!!!........and there are times the rear drivers side footwell carpet is wet!
              Originally posted by purplebomb302 View Post
              Maybe from around the B pillar? If you have a GM maybe it's coming in from around the opera light?

Comment

You can have rot at the usual top corners of the windshield. My wagon has this starting on the pass side. Because of who ever replaced the windshield before, the water leaks from the trim, behind the sun visor. It always ends up dripping on the mat.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I'd hop back into the car with your drop light and have you buddy drench the entire car (over and over and over and over etc...)with water but using a nozzle that gives a steady flow of rain like water, not just a blast out of the uncapped hose. You stay in there until you find it.

I'd also pull the trim from right above the windshield (the one on the inside). Just pry your fingers underneath it and pry it away. I suggest this because you say there is a puddle on the center of the rubber mat. You can also place some sheets of paper around to spot where water is coming from. Once the water hits the paper and pool anywhere you can find the source, or at least what direction it came from.

I had a leak on the drivers side of my car where the seam sealer was dried up and rust started underneath the sealer under the corner of the windshield on the driver side. Water would enter there and come down and go though a tiny hole in the kick panel area and then fill up my floor pan. I know not likely your issue but something others may encounter
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The worst thing about finding a water leak is not knowing where it's coming from. Water always takes the quickest path but may end up in a completely different area.

'93 T-bird
                    '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                    '88 Mark VII
                    '86 CV

Comment

As soon as the warm temps hit, I will begin the quest!

Comment

Stay tuned boys, I think I have it "licked", give me a few more heavy rain storms and I will know for sure, if so you will not believe the cure!

Comment

Wild guess based off of prior findings.....spark plug wire inserted into the door weatherstripping.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

He wants to pay $100 to anyone that can tell him where the water is coming from. The rain clouds! Where do I collect my $100????
                            89 Colony Park
                            90 Colony Park
                            70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Dave! LOL!!! Bahahahahahahah!!!!!
                              Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              Wild guess based off of prior findings.....spark plug wire inserted into the door weatherstripping.

Comment

Bahahahahahahahah!!
                                Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
                                He wants to pay $100 to anyone that can tell him where the water is coming from. The rain clouds! Where do I collect my $100????

Comment

Working...
                                X