'95 GM Ignition Cyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'95 GM Ignition Cyl

Interesting thing happened today. I was able to turn the cyl (by the "ears") of the ignition WITHOUT using the key!! I said, "Now THAT is interesting"!! Time for a new cylinder???? Is it just defective or is there something else to blame?? Bobby

P.S. Could THIS be the thing that drains the battery???

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

could just need some lube. My 88 did that and I used some wd40 to hose it out and clean it up (poured BLACK for a bit from all the usage dirt) and then lubed it with some grease. no issues since.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Spray WD-40 in the key slot or around the "ears"?? Shroud needs to be removed or spray as is?

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Spray in the slot, where the key meets the tumblers. They may be sticky. Worse case, they are wore out.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I'll give it a shot - still wondering if an issue here is causing the power draw.

Comment

Working...
          X