PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: My 1989 Grand Marquis GS sedan "Ebyt"

The music choice....lol Have fun!
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Digital Dash Enthusiast Hearsesrock427's Avatar

@87gtVIC: Haha! You know it, can't think of a better period correct song for controlled oversteer. Am hoping for some rain one of these nights so I can do a proper drifting/donuts compilation.

Got distracted and did not get to dropping headliner for yanking trim and vinyl top remnants. Whatever, such is the price of automotive ecstacy. Just came back from 244 miles of mostly rip roaring hard driving and hard cornering. Am able to take turns 3+ miles per hour faster with the summer tires versus the all seasons. Ebyt turns in sharper, holds on longer, and breaks away smoother. Tried doing some donuts/long drifts after the tires were warm and she just wouldn't let go. The grip was unbelievable. Borderline bullshit levels of adhesion at times.... she felt like a zero turn lawnmower, right up until the rears finally began to break loose. And even then I had to be practically standing on the gas. Was slow, predictable, very easily corrected. The amount of good feelings this car generates is absurd. Lateral Gs have to be close to, if not more than, 1 lateral G on a skidpad.

And to think there's more on the table even beyond that. With the aforementioned plans for handling upgrades & weight savings next year, I think we'll gain another 2-3 miles per hour in turns.

Have some of the best still images from earlier! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0016.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	51072Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0019.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	51073Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0021.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	51074
    Slicktopped 1989 Grand Marquis "Ebyt". Primary project.
    255/50/R16 BF Goodrich G-force Sport Comp 2 tires, big disc brakes, polyurethane suspension bushings + body mounts, BBK long tube headers, HVAC delete
    Spring 2019 plans: Aluminum driveshaft, Maintenance, digital dash, 6 point roll cage/chassis bracing, 302 rebuild & refresh
    Spring 2020 plans: Maintenance

Slicktopped 1985 Grand Marquis "Eva". Secondary project.
    Spring 2019 plans: Full chassis swap, maintenance, early body work
    Spring 2020 plans: More body work, handling upgrades, digital dash

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011