Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH hell, I started it again!!
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

???
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

A war??

Comment

I make love, not war. Just not to any of you ugly mofo's!!!!!!! :poop:
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

:fucker:

Comment

Moved

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Going by the wattage for power wire isn't always the best way. going by what you posted my 2 US AMPS us150 75x2 should use a 45amp fuse and 8 gauge power wire. But they have 2 40 amp fuse per amp. using your calculations would mean the amps wouldn't have enough power to run. it would need a wire and fuse capable of handling a current flow of 160 amps. That is with our any thing else like processors Etc using the same power.

I had to up grade to 4 gauge from 8 when I added a 12.5w x2 to my 25w x 2 system because it was shutting down due to lack of power.

When building a box always seal the inside with silicone.( clear RVT works great) no matter how good the joints are if you don't seal it you will get air leaks. and reinforce it. read the true story towards the bottom atjlaudio.com/support_pages

Tim
                2000 Ford Crown Victoria
                84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
                85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
                89 Lincoln town car: RIP
                89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
                1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
                1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
                2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

I have always used that equation, and have never had an problems...I'll look at teh calculation's there again, I probably screwed up in there some where...What equation do you use??
                  Last edited by RugerP97DC; 12-29-2007, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I use experience and basic knowledge learned in the 20 years of installing and competing. with an amp that has factory installed X fuse that usually means that the amp is capable of producing more power than rated. You also have to look at amps quality. some amps are physically incapable of producing the rated power because of various reasons. you cannot get 600-1000 watts out of 12 gauge power wire.

What about the specs on the Memphis Belle 16-MCH1300 it specs out at 75x4/300x1 so doing the calculations the 45 amp fuse is suppose to work. BUT look at the specs of what the Belle is capable of RMS Power 4 Ohms Bridged Ch 1-4/Ch 5 (1 ohm Mono) 14.4V 150x2/400x1 230x2/1100x1 specs change. so you have to look at what an amp is capable of doing.

I am not saying your info is wrong. For most general audio manufacturers amps it would work. But for the specialty amps you have to up the bar.

Tim
                    2000 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Awesome info mangs, anyone know about Cyclone Audio? I have a 10" 1,000w (IDK if thats the RMS or peak) and it sounds pretty good, IMO MA sells some decent shit, as does Audiopipe......but thats a different story.....
                      sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

Originally posted by over2tonsofFun View Post
                        I use experience and basic knowledge learned in the 20 years of installing and competing. with an amp that has factory installed X fuse that usually means that the amp is capable of producing more power than rated. You also have to look at amps quality. some amps are physically incapable of producing the rated power because of various reasons. you cannot get 600-1000 watts out of 12 gauge power wire.

What about the specs on the Memphis Belle 16-MCH1300 it specs out at 75x4/300x1 so doing the calculations the 45 amp fuse is suppose to work. BUT look at the specs of what the Belle is capable of RMS Power 4 Ohms Bridged Ch 1-4/Ch 5 (1 ohm Mono) 14.4V 150x2/400x1 230x2/1100x1 specs change. so you have to look at what an amp is capable of doing.

I am not saying your info is wrong. For most general audio manufacturers amps it would work. But for the specialty amps you have to up the bar.

Tim
                        In a competition system, I used to use double the required baseline. But I haven't built a big time comp system in years..

Comment

Originally posted by jasonh View Post
                          You can't get proper imaging without using the kickpanels. There is TONS of room in these cars in the kick area. Don't worry it wont be a problem
                          Yes we do have tons of room on our kicks, please do a write up if you are to do kicks, I am wondering how I can clear my e-brake.

Comment

:bump:
                            Ignore this bump, I am going to update and combine these posts.

Comment

For a good reference for wire size. USAC SQ rules page 22 appendix A

Tim
                              2000 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X