Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1973 Marquis Wagon

Time to wake this forum up!

I aquired this car yesterday. '73 Marquis Wagon. 460-4v, 6-passenger, Luxury Brougham Option interior. Odo shows 55,800 miles and there is no reason to think it is not accurate. Story is car was used on a large estate in eastern Md. and parked inside its entire life. Paint is original and while it has a few dings and chips, is still incredible. Drove it 157 miles home to S. Jersey from Maryland, never missed a beat. The looks on the econo-box/crossover/suv drivers faces as I boss-hogged past them on I-95 was priceless.
    Now looking for a set of DFRS cushions for the back to be either re-covered or dyed or better-yet in matching medium blue. Also needs a factory AM-FM radio, and will be getting dual exhaust.
    Attached Files

Oh yes. Very nice.

Needs an 8-Track player. Maybe a quad unit from a Lincoln.
    1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

It's already made it past 40 years old yet looks new. That thing is awesome!
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by CountrySedan View Post
        The looks on the econo-box/crossover/suv drivers faces as I boss-hogged past them on I-95 was priceless.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

One word....beautiful!

Takes me back to '73 when my parents bought our new '73 Country Squire. I even remember the "Air Conditioning" in cursive script on the heater control panel.

'73 had the back bumper filler panel in black, first year for the mandated 5 mph crash bumpers.

Great Score!

Comment

Looks awesome. Those AM/FM's are pretty universal from '70-early '80's so you should be able to find one easily. I think '73 would have "Philco" on the dial to be correct, but the Ford oval ones work too. I have a later model Ford oval AM/FM from a pickup in my '68 Mustang.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Now that is different. Love the hideaways,more style than any new multi-people hauler!
              1989 crown Vic daily driver 165k and counting!
              1987 MGM 49xxx mi awaiting light resto

Comment

It's a beaut!

Donald

Comment

very nice. 460-4V for more win too!

I know those cars weren't built for fuel economy, but my curiosity is peaked. How's the gas mileage on that beast?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Nice!

Pete
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Very nice! And very jealous lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful! Better optioned than most wagons of that era. Lincoln borrowed the dash and dolled it up for the '78-79 Town Car (Continental). I'm curious, is that the pre-federal wagon rear bumper? '73 was the transition year with federal front bumpers and non-federal rear, but your rear bumper looks federal.
                        RyPow
                        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
                        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
                        1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
                        2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
                        1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
                        2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
                        2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Super nice Merc. If you find one in a wrecking yard pick up all the spare interior pieces you can. Getting rare.

Comment

Does the clock work?
                            1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

A good rare factory radio option would be the am/fm search scan (town and country) radio. It takes a very long 54" antenna.
                              I have one on my 75 LTD

Comment

Working...
                              X