Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AC75 View Post
    Any pictures coming?
    I need to get on the PC at home to upload them. Should happen tonight.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    RyPow
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
    2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
    1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
    2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
    2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Power Antenna?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        Power Antenna?
        Originally posted by RyPow View Post
        ... manual-control power antenna ...
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Here at last, pics!

Front rims on the car are '90-91 turbines but I do have another pair of 15' lacy alloys and centre caps to make a complete set of those.

Aftermarket but almost new headlights and passenger corner:

Last edited by RyPow; 04-28-2014, 10:00 AM.
          RyPow
          1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net

Comment

Were there issues besides the tranny?? Would have thought someone would have fixed that and had a decent car???

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
              Were there issues besides the tranny?? Would have thought someone would have fixed that and had a decent car???
              I know what you mean, I thought the same thing when I picked it up. However, the clearcoat is gone and there is rust in the fenders and both quarters. These cars are worthless at the best of times in good condition around here, let alone with peeling clearcoat and rust. The fact that gas works out to over $5 a gallon here now and is projected to hit $5.50 in a couple months, doesn't help the cause for a full-size V8 car
              Last edited by RyPow; 04-28-2014, 10:18 AM.
              RyPow

Comment

Originally posted by RyPow View Post
                I know what you mean, I thought the same thing when I picked it up. However, the clearcoat is gone and there is rust in the fenders and both quarters. These cars are worthless at the best of times in good condition around here, let alone with peeling clearcoat and rust. The fact that gas works out to over $5 a gallon here now and is projected to hit $5.50 in a couple months, doesn't help the cause for a full-size V8 car
                Yeah, I hear all that! Guess one would have to see it in person to really make the "let's scrap it" determination.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I'm also interested in the headlights. Those pictures make them look brandy new!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    I'm also interested in the headlights. Those pictures make them look brandy new!
                    They look even better in person. I believe they are less than a year old. The pass. corner light is especially minty.
                    RyPow

Comment

Wow, it's in nice shape. I was hoping it would have an auto-dimming rear view, I need a replacement for my Town Car. Thought it would have one being an LS with the digi-dash etc. How long you keeping it for?
                      1994 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

You are going to keep those Turbines I hope. They're getting hard to find.

And that car is too nice to scrap. Clearcoat is overrated anyway. Fix it and use it as a beater at least. I would.
                        Last edited by HiFiMerc; 04-28-2014, 03:58 PM.
                        1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

I think I could dig those wheels for a decent price

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
                          1987 Grand Marquis LS (GONE!)
                          1990 Grand Marquis GS

I like to go fast

Comment

Originally posted by HiFiMerc View Post
                            Fix it and use it as a beater at least. I would.
                            I thought about it...but have no room for more cars. Beater duty is already covered by my 49k '04 LeSabre - I'd rather put a Generous Motors product through daily abuse and winters before a FoMoCo product anyway (and get better gas mileage with the 3800 SII).
                            RyPow

Comment

Road salt is less abusive than the crusher.
                              1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

I don't need anything but you may be interested in snipping out the one touch down module for your own projects. It will be a blue or black box just inside the drivers side door panel. These are easy to install onto any ford car with power windows.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X