• Show
Clear All

What all do I need to do that swap

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 351PoliceVic View Post
      What all do I need to do that swap

complete 92-97 rear axle and something to tie the e-brake cable to yours.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Question...what tranny does this have..? I don't see an AOD badge on the fender, is it a 3 speed? would make sense with those gears
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

could be a c4 or fmx... getting under it and checking the pan shape and bolt count will help.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            could be a c4 or fmx... getting under it and checking the pan shape and bolt count will help.
            Interesting, I didn't know the FMX made its way into a Panther. I figured all 3-speed cars were C4s.

Wow, 2.26 gears....I wonder how fast it will get to at the top of 1st at WOT. 70??
            Last edited by RyPow; 05-01-2014, 12:11 PM.
            RyPow
            1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
            1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
            2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
            1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
            2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
            2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Nice score. 2.26 gears though... yeah 70mph in first.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

leave the 2.26 gears and build a 700hp engine and trans that can handle it... hit the traps in 2nd at the track.

or some 3.55, AOD, 351w and enjoy the hell outta it.

Comment

Sly you have read my mind I had all three of those that I'm taking from a different projects since this ones body is way better

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1400472579223.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1274335Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1400472596825.jpg
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1274336Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1400472614915.jpg
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1274337Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1400472636070.jpg
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	1274338Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1400472661475.jpg
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1274339

Comment

Are these the head studs I need to bolt 302 heads to my 351 154-4003

Comment

C4
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I think C6 is more likely. I am no genius though.
                            1987 Grand Marquis LS (GONE!)
                            1990 Grand Marquis GS

I like to go fast

Comment

Could be wrong but I think the 5.0 had the C4 and the 5.8 was a "choice" of C4 or C6. SOMEBODY out there has to have a better memory than me.....Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

It is a c4 but it's getting replaced with an aod trans

Comment

Working...
                                X