{Drivetrain} Overall Ratio Chart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{Drivetrain} Overall Ratio Chart.

Here is a chart with the overall ratios of our cars dependant on how it is setup. Both Stock and Wide Ratio AODs.

RPM to MPH calculator

damn my 97 has more reduction in 1st with 3.27s than my 85 does with 3.55s.

With a wide ratio my 85 would put down around 4000# of torque at the rear wheels. :evil: On spray that would be more like 5200#s
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

What about the T5s?!
      :guns:

2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
        What about the T5s
        Man......you really need to get yourself a FRPP catalog. Alot of this info is in there.
        3.35/1.93/1.29/1.00/0.68

Comment

What vehicles have the wide ratios? Mustangs?
          2000 Grand Marquis LS
          2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
          1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
          1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
          Mercury Owners Group member
          Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

A few select vehicles have a 4R70W gear set in 94-95. The 4R70W gear set is only in an AODE, but with some different parts can be installed in an AOD. 96 and up all AODEs have 4R70W gear sets. 98 and up 5.4L Trucks have the strongest of all the 4R70W gear sets.

Comment

how much does that upgrade cost?
              2000 Grand Marquis LS
              2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
              1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
              1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
              Mercury Owners Group member
              Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Quite a bit.

I have a built 4R70W in the tbird, and it is a GREAT match for the high-reving 4.6...
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

the new kit from ford racing is around $550
                  when my buddy rebuilt phayzers aod the parts and labor came to 800 plus the 550 for the wide ratio kit........now you can do the conversion with a used 4r70w.......expect to pay around 100 bucks for a core unit and check replace any bad parts, and install new clutches..........my guy can prob do it for about a grand, plus another 150-200 for removal install so plan on spending a min of 1200 bucks all said and done.......definitely worth the money for towing......he's putting one together for a towncar for me, i think yu met dave at scottfest........he's gonna be towing a 29' airstream in overdrive on the highway with this trans..........the buildup of his car will be fun
                  scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Super sticky this shit!

This is a priceless amount of information on the 4R70W trannys!

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/article80.html

Comment

Updated the spreadsheet, to include 3.90, 4.30, 4.33, 4.56, 4.88, and 5.14 rear end ratios.

Comment

Added this link to a converter that will tell you what RPMs you will be doing at what MPH. It's really handy and is also getting added to the initial post.

http://www.scottandmaggie.com/gearcalc.asp

Comment

Working...
                        X