Larisa "1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattsLincoln View Post
    It's time for a motor swap in a few weeks . she will be off the road when the new motor is ready to go in, as of now to 260,000 mile 302 thats tired as hell will be running and making its last appearance at scottfest 2015.
    What engine are you putting into it?

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
    2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
    2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Throw a lower axle ratio in it, you can squeeze more life out of it. That's what I'll do with my Lincoln, 3.08 to 4.10 for the illusion of power.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by L1011tristar17 View Post
        What engine are you putting into it?
        it will be getting a Explorer 5.0, with a cobra cam, D9S ECM. im going for P Heads.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

P heads and speed density don't tend to play nice together. Too much airflow for it to handle unless you have it tuned.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            P heads and speed density don't tend to play nice together. Too much airflow for it to handle unless you have it tuned.
            i think it will work. john said the reason why his was acting up is because of his 02 sensors being plugged in the wrong way making it go into a continuous loop. 86VickyLX please chime in with your thoughts too. let me know what can be done. if needed i will grab a A9P ECM and go mass air.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
            1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Thought the O2 sensors were "keyed" so there is only one way to plug them in???

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I don't know the sense in keeping speed density when upgrading a motor... D9S or any speed density being used for performance, is junk. If you want an A9S, good luck spending 180$ on an ECM, with small gains.

Did you ever fix your axle?

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Speed Density isn't the problem. The problem is finding someone that will tune it. It's more time consuming and people are lazy. The D9S keeps cruise control on 88+ panthers without having to do a bunch of wiring. Since his is an 82, it should have a separate cruise module, so mass air with an A9P/M/T shouldn't be much of an issue there. And that will allow tuning with most shops that aren't stuck up/under-equipped OBD-II only places.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                    Thought the O2 sensors were "keyed" so there is only one way to plug them in???
                    oxy sensors are identical left and right. Very easy to mix the wiring up if you aren't careful. They only plug into the connector one way though.

Dunno, my car ran horribly lean with ported E7 heads and the Explorer intake. I ran it on a dyno once and it was somewhere around 18:1, which is in the "melt your pistons" realm. P heads will move similar amounts of air. I know it could have been tuned out, but back to finding someone who can and will do it. Mass air is more easily understood by most, and its generally less bitchy about engine mods. I know my current setup would not work with S-D, but it runs quite fine with an un-tuned stock mass air setup. I'm sure it could be better, but at the moment it doesn't idle stupidly, ping, rattle, stumble, or have any other generally obnoxious habits, and for the moment that is good enough.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                      I don't know the sense in keeping speed density when upgrading a motor... D9S or any speed density being used for performance, is junk. If you want an A9S, good luck spending 180$ on an ECM, with small gains.
                      There's really nothing wrong with SD, and some people actually prefer it. P heads and SD seem to be hit and miss on these cars. I had one of the few that ran flawlessly, but it comes down to a variety of things.
                      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Time for a big update, motor swap is happening next week, got pics so far, head are at the machine shop getting 3 broken lower intake bolts out, and a valve job, with New Trickflow Valve Springs. Im currently cleaning the top of the pistons(bathroom cleaner works amazing), and then degreasing the block and prepping it for paint, got a shit load of new parts for this engine looking forward to the build.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12193811_511365055692502_3833076626678088889_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1278436Click image for larger version

Name:	12191820_1095949313757934_777568253465844262_n.jpg
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	1278437Click image for larger version

Name:	12189936_1095913683761497_599782090284998028_n.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1278438Click image for larger version

Name:	12188920_1095929120426620_5417630297435836599_n.jpg
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1278439Click image for larger version

Name:	12122584_1095935317092667_8532772862435057204_n.jpg
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1278440Click image for larger version

Name:	11140097_1095949123757953_6276735494487520557_n.jpg
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1278441Click image for larger version

Name:	1794818_511373242358350_2143348166917234417_n.jpg
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1278442Click image for larger version

Name:	12208792_1095918513761014_2471761933493850239_n.jpg
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1278435

Comment

Cleaned up nice. Just make sure you get all of that out of there, and put some oil down the cylinders to flush out any residue that got past the rings. You don't want anything rusting the cylinders while its apart.

Comment

Wait a second.. You're not rebuilding it...? Ba-what?

Wasn't that the whole plan.. A 'new' motor?

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                            The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                            It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

That must be the "new" (Exploder) motor, based on the mounts and oil filter adapter at least. But darn she looks nasty on the outside, any estimate on how many miles were on that thing? Mileage unknown and considering the overall shape of it, I'd have at the very least spun the oil pump with a drill to see what oil pressure she's capable of.
                              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                              The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

used mixed mystery motors usually run decent (89 vic, 92 gmq) as long as the bottom end isn't real sloppy.

loose motors make power............somewhere at my parents place i have a worn out 302 that i had given to me, guy claimed it was running low 13's in a mustang notch.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                                X