No announcement yet.

Larisa "1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like analog, best of luck though. Never liked the look of those early analog clusters.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

So i bench tested the digital dash conversion swap for my friends town car, everything works, wiring harness is all ready to be hooked up in the car along with sensor outputs.

https://www.facebook.com/mattgmantik...5735567255450/

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Shit, I'll pay you $500 to put a digi dash in my TC.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
          Shit, I'll pay you $500 to put a digi dash in my TC.
          If you get me all the stuff i need a make a trip to Pennsylvania i will do it for you for $300. I will not install lamp out warning though, thats the most painful part to do and i do feel like rewiring the lighting outside.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsLincoln View Post
            ...I will not install lamp out warning though, thats the most painful part to do and i do feel like rewiring the lighting outside.
            Bummer. It's all gotta work. I think I just need to listen to Thain here and leave it be. If I want a damn digi dash car I should just buy one...

Comment

You do realize that with the lamp-out setup wired in, the moment you switch the bulbs from regular to some fancy LEDs the message center will more than likely freak out, right? It's a nice feature to have to minimize the chance of being nabbed by the local po-po, sure, but it may be more trouble than it's worth all things considered...
              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
              The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Nope, didn't think about that. But without that system won't the message center freak out anyway? I'm old school and do not like LED's at all, aside from the one illuminating the mirror's thermometer or indicator lights. I love incandescent bulbs for exterior & interior lighting. Something about that split second they take to illuminate & the pattern of light generated by them vs LED's that gets me. Now they've made LED's that look similar to incandescent. I've noticed them in traffic lights. They illuminate instantly but without that ugly dotted pattern that's a dead giveaway. Another caveat to LED's is noticeable during the winter & snowstorms, they won't keep your lenses from gathering snow like the heat from a traditional bulb does. I've heard they're having that problem with traffic lights.

Comment

Nope, didn't think about that. But without that system won't the message center freak out anyway?
                  No. It won't actively tell you there's something wrong. Unless you do the check test, it won't ever throw an error.

Comment

Another caveat to LED's is noticeable during the winter & snowstorms, they won't keep your lenses from gathering snow like the heat from a traditional bulb does. I've heard they're having that problem with traffic lights.
                    Which lamps are we talking about here? I've never noticed markers and tails actually staying clear in any proper winter conditions, they get covered with snow quite easily even when they're lit up. Now headlights are another story, they will melt the snow yes, but oddly enough so do LEDs - high-power LEDs do actually produce quite a bit of heat, and the nicer assemblies have some pretty large heat sinks to deal with that.

In my experience proper LEDs are better for side and rear lighting, I base this opinion on thousands of miles driving behind 18-wheelers with all sorts of lighting arrangements, the large-number-LED arrays are the easiest to see in all weather conditions.
                    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      No. It won't actively tell you there's something wrong. Unless you do the check test, it won't ever throw an error.
                      If you do the check test and this error pops up, will it go away when you turn the key off?

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                      Which lamps are we talking about here? I've never noticed markers and tails actually staying clear in any proper winter conditions, they get covered with snow quite easily even when they're lit up. Now headlights are another story, they will melt the snow yes, but oddly enough so do LEDs - high-power LEDs do actually produce quite a bit of heat, and the nicer assemblies have some pretty large heat sinks to deal with that.

In my experience proper LEDs are better for side and rear lighting, I base this opinion on thousands of miles driving behind 18-wheelers with all sorts of lighting arrangements, the large-number-LED arrays are the easiest to see in all weather conditions.
                      No idea, just what I heard. The ones I've put my hands on didn't seem to generate much heat. Don't like them so didn't pay attention to manufacturer or type. After driving 300+ miles and unknown hours to Florida during February I could feel the heat on all of my lenses. Wasn't snowing but it could've been.

I won't question that they are brighter or better, but I see just fine with my Xtravisions & silverstar ditch & reverse lights. I'd have those as shop lights and such, forgot to mention that. I just don't care for them on cars.

Comment

If you do the check test and this error pops up, will it go away when you turn the key off?

No idea, just what I heard. The ones I've put my hands on didn't seem to generate much heat. Don't like them so didn't pay attention to manufacturer or type. After driving 300+ miles and unknown hours to Florida during February I could feel the heat on all of my lenses. Wasn't snowing but it could've been.

I won't question that they are brighter or better, but I see just fine with my Xtravisions & silverstar ditch & reverse lights. I'd have those as shop lights and such, forgot to mention that. I just don't care for them on cars.

Any unused components of the message center will NOT throw off any errors or bulb out warning, this is why i did not wire in lamp out cause i know it wont throw off errors, it would have it show the error in the bench test which it didnt, it works a different way.

Comment

Hmmmmmm. My final concern is just how deep you have to go into the wiring and splicing. Currently my car doesn't have any dash squeaksor rrattles, aside from the lense over the gauges. I'm weird about cutting into factory wires. Didn't think about that until now. Saw that you could do the swap and got all giddy about it without thinking about the technicals..

Comment

Well then you don't get the digidash swap. Or you go to your favorite junkyard, find a digidash car, rip her dash apart for ALL the wiring, and then rip yours dash apart to pull your wiring out and put the "new" one in. You can't have your cake and ear it too here, lol

Comment

That is hitting me right now, argh. I want my cake!
                              Meh, I'll let it go. At the rate I work it would never get done. I'm surprised I pulled off the 3G swap.

Comment

Hmmmmmm. My final concern is just how deep you have to go into the wiring and splicing. Currently my car doesn't have any dash squeaksor rrattles, aside from the lense over the gauges. I'm weird about cutting into factory wires. Didn't think about that until now. Saw that you could do the swap and got all giddy about it without thinking about the technicals..
                                T taps will allow you not have to cut factory wires and only 2 wires from your existing cluster go to the digital dash via t taps, and t taps for all the sensors which are located in the idiot light warning cluster, you will have to also t tap into the vss and fuel flow wire and route them into the car to get fuel economy and speed calculations. Other than that the rest is self contained in the harness i made.

Comment

Working...
                                X