No announcement yet.

Larisa "1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hm, maybe. Only reason I was asking about whether or not the bottom end had been apart is to find out if there was any info on what it looked like before.

This is kinda why I'm not in love with used motors, especially if I can't hear them run first. I tend to do things overkill though, mostly out of laziness. I'm learning that trying to save time and money with shortcuts usually ends up costing more of both.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      hm, maybe. Only reason I was asking about whether or not the bottom end had been apart is to find out if there was any info on what it looked like before.

This is kinda why I'm not in love with used motors, especially if I can't hear them run first. I tend to do things overkill though, mostly out of laziness. I'm learning that trying to save time and money with shortcuts usually ends up costing more of both.
      This is why I just rebuilt mine. Cancels out any questionable bullshit.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

yerp. Last multiple things I said "I'm just gonna clean this up a bit" turned into complete overhauls. I usually get pissed off at myself about halfway through, but when it works how it should at the end of the project I'm happy.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          yerp. Last multiple things I said "I'm just gonna clean this up a bit" turned into complete overhauls. I usually get pissed off at myself about halfway through, but when it works how it should at the end of the project I'm happy.
          This.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

UPDATE: Second Engine going in next weekend, found the reason why my cam dowel pin snapped, rockauto sent me the wrong timing chain set, box number was correct but was mispackaged, i notice this when i got my new timing chain, the old one was flat where the hole goes for the cam bolt and didnt have another raised portion come out for where it sits between the thrust plate and the front of the camshaft, thus when torqued down to 45lbs it pulled the cam into the trust plate more than the clearance it should have and when the cam was spinning it chewed into the back of the thrust plate causing the dowel to snap. Check your timing chains from now on if you get one from rockauto, john and i didnt notice it until upon inspecting parts.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
            -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
            1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Wow, that's bad! good luck with the new engine
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

now you know why an experienced parts guy (one who checks what he sells for instance) is worth his weight in gold. whenever you buy anything online, inspect everything you receive, twice.
                I'm not completely oblivious to reality, I just choose to reject it when it doesn't line up with my opinions. (thanx Thain!)

Comment

Pics of Carnage due to wrong timing gear, the difference with the new timing cam gear and progress of the 2nd engine build.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	13055362_574870492675291_8304126974493809716_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1280029Click image for larger version

Name:	13062280_574870639341943_4395947350741801240_n.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	1280030Click image for larger version

Name:	13076701_574870549341952_5946289580588360483_n.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1280031Click image for larger version

Name:	13087782_574870512675289_674240142443532022_n.jpg
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1280032Click image for larger version

Name:	13100688_574870526008621_1210257086209767206_n.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1280033

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                  1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

So is the cam ok? are you re-using it?
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                      So is the cam ok? are you re-using it?
                      The old explorer cam was worn, its probably ok but im not taking my chances and am using another explorer cam from one of MRLTD's builds i got from scott its like new.

Comment

The hell is that gear for anyways, not for any 302/351 I've ever seen...
                        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

maybe a chebby 305?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

GM small-blocks use three small bolts to retain the gear to the cam, not a single larger one like Ford did. So it ain't one of those... Heck if I remember what Dodges run.
                            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                            The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

in that case... no clue. I no know mopar.

Comment

Didn't check the camshaft endplay did we? That would have told the story. It needs to have some, and that wouldn't have had any. I actually had to replace the retaining plate to take some endplay out of mine. The plate had enough wear to get the cam moving more than it should have.

Its not Cheesler. Those had a keyway and a single retaining bolt. No idea what that is for. Looks Ford-esque but not Windsor family at least. Cleveland perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X