No announcement yet.

Larisa "1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you'll have Larisa ready for car show season.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Did you ever fix your bent axle?

Also. Your car deserves T-Tops and mag wheels.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

No i haven't after the new engine is in, my next step is to replace the fuel pump housing since it leaks fuel, then going to replace the rear with a aero town car rear with disc brakes and abs compatible, i wonder if the 98-02 rear axles will work on a box since i want traction control but on a button that i can shut it off with when i want to, i believe aeros had traction control that was always on and couldnt be shut off iirc.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsLincoln View Post
          No i haven't after the new engine is in, my next step is to replace the fuel pump housing since it leaks fuel, then going to replace the rear with a aero town car rear with disc brakes and abs compatible, i wonder if the 98-02 rear axles will work on a box since i want traction control but on a button that i can shut it off with when i want to, i believe aeros had traction control that was always on and couldnt be shut off iirc.
          Traction control just applies the rear brakes. It's tied into the ABS. It's not really worth anything especially if you're doing a trak loc.

Comment

Traction lock mostly defeats how the electronic traction control works. On later ones it will modulate the throttle but that doesn't happen on cars that don't fly by wire. Basically it looks for a difference in rear wheel speed and clamps the brake on the one going fast. Traction lock tends to make both rear wheels spin at close to the same speed, so the computer wouldn't know anything is wrong.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Anyone ever done a whale rear axle with the watts link on a box? That'd be nifty....

Comment

might almost be easier to frame swap it. The mounts are considerably different. Not impossible to transfer the mounts but it may be more work than its worth.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

A 98 frame swap would yield all the goodies and I'd figure all you'd need to change is the steering shaft and modify the power steering lines. Possibly some hacking of the radiator support? Or is that just with the 03+?

Comment

rad support is different mid 90s something onward.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      Traction lock mostly defeats how the electronic traction control works. On later ones it will modulate the throttle but that doesn't happen on cars that don't fly by wire. Basically it looks for a difference in rear wheel speed and clamps the brake on the one going fast. Traction lock tends to make both rear wheels spin at close to the same speed, so the computer wouldn't know anything is wrong.
                      Doesn't it look at the front VSS signals as well? To see if the entire rear of the car has lost traction I mean, which would not be uncommon in winter driving conditions...
                      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Frame swaps for the win

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          My mustang would cut spark for traction control. Fucking sucked. You couldn't go anywhere in snow with it on.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Thats probably also a later model thing where the PCM talks to everything else. The older rigs were all stand-alone. The engine didn't know what the ABS controller was doing, etc. You could just nail the pedal and the engine would do its best to smoke tires while the traction control did its best to stop it. What it usually ended up doing was burning a lot of fuel and brake pad. At some point I guess they thought that having the engine cut power in addition to applying the brakes would probably help keep the tires from spinning and prevent the systems from fighting one another. Er summat like dat. Me no has. The only vehicle I own with running ABS is the Mark VII, and it doesn't have traction control. ABS has been broke in the truck for years, not sure what it's problem is. No traction control on that either. peg-leg S10's with a V6 are a hell of a burnout machine, sometimes when you really don't want them to be.

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                            Doesn't it look at the front VSS signals as well? To see if the entire rear of the car has lost traction I mean, which would not be uncommon in winter driving conditions...
                            Maybe later ones. I don't think the older systems did that though.

Comment

Update: Success, It runs very good for being speed density, it hauls ass the power is there, pics and vids to follow later. A burnout will happen after the car is on the road, next up on my list is to swap a 3.27/3.55 limited slip ABS compatible rear end from an aero, then going to put new upper control arm bushings in, stock ones for now since i haven't acquired HPP's Yet so can't do big brakes until then.

question will 92-95 tubular upper control arms work on a stock box suspension?, i would at least like to put those on so i have at least the upper control arms for the big brakes swap already.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                              -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                              1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsLincoln View Post

question will 92-95 tubular upper control arms work on a stock box suspension?
                                no, the upper ball joint is different
                                2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                                89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                                88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Working...
                                X