No announcement yet.

Larisa "1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice, I like the red valve covers and wires. I too was going to ask what your plans are for the seats? I imagine the likely hood of finding those in the junkyard is extremely low.
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Those seats are definitly unobtainium...! I'd look for a nice red set. White would be nicer but good luck finding a nice set of white too!

Originally posted by MattsTownCarSS View Post
      Y Every now and then while driving the charging system flashes on the message center then goes away then later does the same thing though its charging at 14.5v
      Is it a digi dash?
      What did you do with all the old leftover wiring from the old coil and old external regulator wiring? All that's needed from that mess is the wire for the AMP light and a key-on for the yellow 3G wire, if you wired it that way. If the half dozen or so leftover wires are still hanging around, they could be causing trouble - the wiring at the regulator plug is usually very crumbly.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

'79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Very Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
            Those seats are definitly unobtainium...! I'd look for a nice red set. White would be nicer but good luck finding a nice set of white too!

Is it a digi dash?
            What did you do with all the old leftover wiring from the old coil and old external regulator wiring? All that's needed from that mess is the wire for the AMP light and a key-on for the yellow 3G wire, if you wired it that way. If the half dozen or so leftover wires are still hanging around, they could be causing trouble - the wiring at the regulator plug is usually very crumbly.

I did the 3G swap like i did on the town car stator wire connected together with the other stator wire on the 3G plug. The only wire i used from the leftover plug was lt green with red stripe for the amp light. Its a digi dash. The main charge cable hooks to the stud on the 3G then goes to one end of the Meaga Fuse an the the other end of the mega fuse connects to the underhood fuse box tied with the battery wire going to the starter solenoid. Am i missing a connection ? The other wire on the 3G plug which i believe is yellow with a black stripe has a eyelet on the other and connects it onto the stud of the 3g alternator. I swapped it from 1G external to 3G unlike 2G to 3G like i did on the town car.
            the old 1G wiring is completley removed from the vehicle. Only wire i kept from it was the lt green with red stripe wire.
            Last edited by MattsLincoln; 05-08-2014, 10:19 PM.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
            -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
            1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Oh yeah! I love the Mark 6, especially the Bill Blass models. Two tone red-white exterior paint, red exterior pinstriping (which in your car's case seems to be curiously absent), and a digidash? HELL YES. You've done her up right, from EEC-IV and SEFI to tubular headers and true duals. She must sound and drive great.

I'm sure you'll get the interior where it needs to be too.... I'm amazed at how worn the seats, particularly the fronts, are after only ~70,000 miles (I'm guessing at the mileage here). Must've gotten rained on and/or attacked by a honey badger! Haha.
              Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 05-11-2014, 01:49 AM. Reason: Minor stylistic changes
              '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
              '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
              '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
                Oh yeah! I love the Mark 6, especially the Bill Blass models. Two tone red-white exterior paint, red exterior pinstriping (which in your car's case seems to be curiously absent), and a digidash? HELL YES. You've done her up right, from EEC-IV and SEFI to tubular headers and true duals. She must sound and drive great.

I'm sure you'll get the interior where it needs to be too.... I'm amazed at how worn the seats, particularly the fronts, are after only ~70,000 miles (I'm guessing at the mileage here). Must've gotten rained on and/or attacked by a honey badger! Haha.

They didnt have red pinstriping on the red and white models only black pinstriping. Only on the black models had red pinstriping. Car has 149,300 miles on it.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Awesome Matt!

Pete
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                  1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                  1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsLincoln View Post
                    They didnt have red pinstriping on the red and white models only black pinstriping. Only on the black models had red pinstriping.
                    Ah, now it makes sense. I've got pics of an '82 Mark 6 BBDS with red pinstripes. But they're only on the trunk, outlining the spare tire. Upon closer inspection, there are black pinstripes on the sides of the car. I could barely see them in the pictures I took, thanks to the faded paint & cloudy conditions. I've secretly been lusting after a Mark 6 BBDS, especially a red & white one for a couple years now..... seeing your progress with yours only makes me lust for one more. Rock on man!
                    Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 06-11-2014, 11:55 PM. Reason: Added some context
                    '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                    '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                    '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Damn dude, those seats are roached. But the car itself... too bright for my eyes, but elegant lines. Glad to see your Town Car (if you still have it) is in good company.
                      1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                        Damn dude, those seats are roached. But the car itself... too bright for my eyes, but elegant lines. Glad to see your Town Car (if you still have it) is in good company.
                        i dont have my town car anymore i traded it for a mark vii sold the mark vii to put my mark vi on the road. though i need a winter vehicle and next to my house is an 88 town car signature series for sale that i can get for $800 and when i mean loaded it got every option down to a sunroof and a K-Code Rear. its red white mint white leather interior.

Comment

Hope you get the TC. Sounds like a good deal for $800

Comment

Boy i havent updated my readers ride thread in a long time been busy with work, heres an update! not much has changed except for my 3G alternator killing my battery so replaced battery and alternator no more problems and it fixed my charging system issue i had on my message display thats works properly now. While changing the battery i noticed my battery tray was was rusty and fall apart so i decided to fix that by utilizing a 2002-Up Town cars battery tray hold down system put it and with enough support of the original battery tray and inner fender i know have nice proper battery hold down system that does not move one bit, the battery stays snug and fit and does not lean anymore with the new support its very straight where its suppose to be now. the car now has 155,000 miles on it, 6,000 miles on the sefi conversion and its doing good for now even with the chattering original 302 in it that will be replaced since this one leaks oil pretty badly. though as of now the issues im having are around 52-57 mph its shudders goes away once im doing 60mph. when decelerating it shudders pretty badly(i say it might be bad driveshaft u-joints but not positive) but once at a complete stop its fine, every now in then when idling in traffic it will bog down kinda like a misfire with low jumping rpms up and down jumping from 750rpms to 700rpm back and forth. but then goes back to normal after a few seconds, its odd and getting annoying. other than those problems its been doing very well here are some latest pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0090.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	1276816Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0098.jpg
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1276824Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0097.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1276823Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0096.jpg
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1276822Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0095.jpg
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1276821Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0094.jpg
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1276820Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0093.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1276819Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0092.jpg
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1276818Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0091.jpg
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	1276817
                            Attached Files

Comment

hood lifts... you need them.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post

hood lifts... you need them.
                                And also some "periods" in your (Matt's) sentences. I was getting dyslexia from reading it...

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X