PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Larisa "1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass 2-Door

Land Yacht Fundamentalist Hearsesrock427's Avatar

Oh yeah! I love the Mark 6, especially the Bill Blass models. Two tone red-white exterior paint, red exterior pinstriping (which in your car's case seems to be curiously absent), and a digidash? HELL YES. You've done her up right, from EEC-IV and SEFI to tubular headers and true duals. She must sound and drive great.

I'm sure you'll get the interior where it needs to be too.... I'm amazed at how worn the seats, particularly the fronts, are after only ~70,000 miles (I'm guessing at the mileage here). Must've gotten rained on and/or attacked by a honey badger! Haha.
    Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 05-11-2014 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Minor stylistic changes
    Slicktopped 1989 Grand Marquis "Ebyt". Primary project.
    Summer 2020 plans: Wiring replacement, chassis boxing.

Steelside 1988 LTD CV wagon. Secondary project awaiting pickup in late August.
    Fall 2020 plans: Frame rust repair, AOD refreshment

Slicktopped 1985 Grand Marquis "Eva". Tertiary project.
    Winter 2020 plans: Full chassis swap, maintenance, body work

1994 Caprice. Winter beater/tertiary project II.

Learning The Ways Of Box Panthers MattsLincoln's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
    Oh yeah! I love the Mark 6, especially the Bill Blass models. Two tone red-white exterior paint, red exterior pinstriping (which in your car's case seems to be curiously absent), and a digidash? HELL YES. You've done her up right, from EEC-IV and SEFI to tubular headers and true duals. She must sound and drive great.

I'm sure you'll get the interior where it needs to be too.... I'm amazed at how worn the seats, particularly the fronts, are after only ~70,000 miles (I'm guessing at the mileage here). Must've gotten rained on and/or attacked by a honey badger! Haha.

They didnt have red pinstriping on the red and white models only black pinstriping. Only on the black models had red pinstriping. Car has 149,300 miles on it.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Go take a bath! Go milk your goat! Piece-it pete's Avatar

Awesome Matt!

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Land Yacht Fundamentalist Hearsesrock427's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattsLincoln View Post
    They didnt have red pinstriping on the red and white models only black pinstriping. Only on the black models had red pinstriping.
    Ah, now it makes sense. I've got pics of an '82 Mark 6 BBDS with red pinstripes. But they're only on the trunk, outlining the spare tire. Upon closer inspection, there are black pinstripes on the sides of the car. I could barely see them in the pictures I took, thanks to the faded paint & cloudy conditions. I've secretly been lusting after a Mark 6 BBDS, especially a red & white one for a couple years now..... seeing your progress with yours only makes me lust for one more. Rock on man!
    Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 06-11-2014 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Added some context
    Slicktopped 1989 Grand Marquis "Ebyt". Primary project.
    Summer 2020 plans: Wiring replacement, chassis boxing.

Steelside 1988 LTD CV wagon. Secondary project awaiting pickup in late August.
    Fall 2020 plans: Frame rust repair, AOD refreshment

Slicktopped 1985 Grand Marquis "Eva". Tertiary project.
    Winter 2020 plans: Full chassis swap, maintenance, body work

1994 Caprice. Winter beater/tertiary project II.

Livin', Lovin', Lincoln Midnight Drifter's Avatar

Damn dude, those seats are roached. But the car itself... too bright for my eyes, but elegant lines. Glad to see your Town Car (if you still have it) is in good company.
    1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
    Damn dude, those seats are roached. But the car itself... too bright for my eyes, but elegant lines. Glad to see your Town Car (if you still have it) is in good company.
    i dont have my town car anymore i traded it for a mark vii sold the mark vii to put my mark vi on the road. though i need a winter vehicle and next to my house is an 88 town car signature series for sale that i can get for $800 and when i mean loaded it got every option down to a sunroof and a K-Code Rear. its red white mint white leather interior.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

fomoco panthers !

Hope you get the TC. Sounds like a good deal for $800

Boy i havent updated my readers ride thread in a long time been busy with work, heres an update! not much has changed except for my 3G alternator killing my battery so replaced battery and alternator no more problems and it fixed my charging system issue i had on my message display thats works properly now. While changing the battery i noticed my battery tray was was rusty and fall apart so i decided to fix that by utilizing a 2002-Up Town cars battery tray hold down system put it and with enough support of the original battery tray and inner fender i know have nice proper battery hold down system that does not move one bit, the battery stays snug and fit and does not lean anymore with the new support its very straight where its suppose to be now. the car now has 155,000 miles on it, 6,000 miles on the sefi conversion and its doing good for now even with the chattering original 302 in it that will be replaced since this one leaks oil pretty badly. though as of now the issues im having are around 52-57 mph its shudders goes away once im doing 60mph. when decelerating it shudders pretty badly(i say it might be bad driveshaft u-joints but not positive) but once at a complete stop its fine, every now in then when idling in traffic it will bog down kinda like a misfire with low jumping rpms up and down jumping from 750rpms to 700rpm back and forth. but then goes back to normal after a few seconds, its odd and getting annoying. other than those problems its been doing very well here are some latest pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0090.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	41584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0098.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	41592Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0097.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	41591Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0096.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	41590Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0095.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	41589Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0094.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	41588Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0093.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	41587Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0092.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	41586Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0091.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	41585
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0099.jpg  

hood lifts... you need them.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Proud Owner Of A 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis! miamibob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post

hood lifts... you need them.
    And also some "periods" in your (Matt's) sentences. I was getting dyslexia from reading it...

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

if you ever meet him... he talks like that too. So he comes by the typing errors honestly.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    if you ever meet him... he talks like that too. So he comes by the typing errors honestly.
    English not his first language? Not trying to be a wise guy but asking because it could explain the writing "style".

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

nope... English only... just a youngin.

GMN Regular

Driving it year-round?
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    You may regret selling it. Think it over.

Quote Originally Posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
    Driving it year-round?
    unfortunately yes. and i suffer from dyslexia . and i speak both English and russian.

unfortunately yes. and i suffer from dyslexia . and i speak both English and russian.
    Didn't mean to be mean. That is why I asked about the language. My Russian is somewhat "rusty" but I guess I could remember some if required. It was just that the run on sentences make the read difficult. Nice work on the car!!

No mean-spiritedness here. IPreferDIY's Avatar

I never would've guessed dyslexia. If you ever had issues with spelling, it looks like you've mastered them. If that has been the result of deliberate effort, then you really should turn your attention to punctuation and structure, as miamibob more-or-less indicated.

I don't know a whole lot about dyslexia, though I myself have 'dyslexia-like' problems as a result of longtime eye alignment issues. (I'm hoping it will finally be cleared up after another surgery.) When I see long paragraphs, I really have to struggle to get through them, and I would guess the same applies to a lesser extent to 'normal' people.

Apart from the punctuation and structure concerns, your written expression is amazing. You deal with topics sequentially, and everything flows well. I would suggest breaking things up into 'bite-sized' pieces to make it easier for others to absorb. Since learning to write well can only happen when others criticize your work, I would like to offer a suggested improvement for your long-paragraph post. I'm not aiming for perfection here, just something that I hope you would agree is significantly better:

Boy, I haven't updated my Readers Ride thread in a long time. Been busy with work. Here's an update!

Not much has changed except for my 3G alternator killing my battery, so replaced battery and alternator. No more problems, and it fixed my charging system issue I had on my message display. That works properly now.

While changing the battery, I noticed my battery tray was was rusty and fall apart, so i decided to fix that by utilizing a 2002-Up Town cars battery tray hold down system. With enough support of the original battery tray and inner fender, I now have nice proper battery hold down system that does not move one bit. The battery stays snug and fit and does not lean anymore. With the new support, it's very straight where it's suppose to be now.

The car now has 155,000 miles on it, 6,000 miles on the sefi conversion, and its doing good for now, even with the chattering original 302 in it (that will be replaced since this one leaks oil pretty badly); though as of now, the issues I'm having are around 52-57 mph. Its shudders goes away once I'm doing 60mph. When decelerating, it shudders pretty badly (I say it might be bad driveshaft u-joints, but not positive), but once at a complete stop, it's fine. Every now and then when idling in traffic, it will bog down kinda like a misfire with low jumping rpms up and down jumping from 750rpms to 700rpm back and forth, but then goes back to normal after a few seconds. It's odd and getting annoying.

Other than those problems, it's been doing very well. Here are some latest pics. ...
    I have no intention of causing any offence. Just trying to be helpful.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box "tuba" (in place of the "trumpet"), headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, NKL4 PCM (from a 2000 CVPI, nothing great there apart from highway cruising), KYB Gas-A-Just shocks (after >202,000 km on originals)

Quote Originally Posted by IPreferDIY View Post
    I never would've guessed dyslexia. If you ever had issues with spelling, it looks like you've mastered them. If that has been the result of deliberate effort, then you really should turn your attention to punctuation and structure, as miamibob more-or-less indicated.

I don't know a whole lot about dyslexia, though I myself have 'dyslexia-like' problems as a result of longtime eye alignment issues. (I'm hoping it will finally be cleared up after another surgery.) When I see long paragraphs, I really have to struggle to get through them, and I would guess the same applies to a lesser extent to 'normal' people.

Apart from the punctuation and structure concerns, your written expression is amazing. You deal with topics sequentially, and everything flows well. I would suggest breaking things up into 'bite-sized' pieces to make it easier for others to absorb. Since learning to write well can only happen when others criticize your work, I would like to offer a suggested improvement for your long-paragraph post. I'm not aiming for perfection here, just something that I hope you would agree is significantly better:

Nicely done and explains my original point completely!!

Quote Originally Posted by IPreferDIY View Post

That does look better, I will try that from now on. Any ideas what my problems might be with the cars shuddering and funky idle rpm bouncing ?.

No mean-spiritedness here. IPreferDIY's Avatar

My mechanical experience is rather limited, so I can't really offer much myself. I might guess a wheel balance vibration issue for the shudder if it only showed up at high speeds, but that doesn't sound like what you're experiencing. I think some of the generic things to consider for an idle problem would be idle air control motor (might need cleaning), spark plugs and wires, and fuel filter. Hopefully the more knowledgeable people will chime in.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box "tuba" (in place of the "trumpet"), headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, NKL4 PCM (from a 2000 CVPI, nothing great there apart from highway cruising), KYB Gas-A-Just shocks (after >202,000 km on originals)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast