No announcement yet.

Larisa "1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you ever meet him... he talks like that too. So he comes by the typing errors honestly.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      if you ever meet him... he talks like that too. So he comes by the typing errors honestly.
      English not his first language? Not trying to be a wise guy but asking because it could explain the writing "style".

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

nope... English only... just a youngin.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Driving it year-round?
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
            Driving it year-round?
            unfortunately yes. and i suffer from dyslexia . and i speak both English and russian.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
            -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
            1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsLincoln View Post
              unfortunately yes. and i suffer from dyslexia . and i speak both English and russian.
              Didn't mean to be mean. That is why I asked about the language. My Russian is somewhat "rusty" but I guess I could remember some if required. It was just that the run on sentences make the read difficult. Nice work on the car!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

I never would've guessed dyslexia. If you ever had issues with spelling, it looks like you've mastered them. If that has been the result of deliberate effort, then you really should turn your attention to punctuation and structure, as miamibob more-or-less indicated.

I don't know a whole lot about dyslexia, though I myself have 'dyslexia-like' problems as a result of longtime eye alignment issues. (I'm hoping it will finally be cleared up after another surgery.) When I see long paragraphs, I really have to struggle to get through them, and I would guess the same applies to a lesser extent to 'normal' people.

Apart from the punctuation and structure concerns, your written expression is amazing. You deal with topics sequentially, and everything flows well. I would suggest breaking things up into 'bite-sized' pieces to make it easier for others to absorb. Since learning to write well can only happen when others criticize your work, I would like to offer a suggested improvement for your long-paragraph post. I'm not aiming for perfection here, just something that I hope you would agree is significantly better:

Boy, I haven't updated my Readers Ride thread in a long time. Been busy with work. Here's an update!

Not much has changed except for my 3G alternator killing my battery, so replaced battery and alternator. No more problems, and it fixed my charging system issue I had on my message display. That works properly now.

While changing the battery, I noticed my battery tray was was rusty and fall apart, so i decided to fix that by utilizing a 2002-Up Town cars battery tray hold down system. With enough support of the original battery tray and inner fender, I now have nice proper battery hold down system that does not move one bit. The battery stays snug and fit and does not lean anymore. With the new support, it's very straight where it's suppose to be now.

The car now has 155,000 miles on it, 6,000 miles on the sefi conversion, and its doing good for now, even with the chattering original 302 in it (that will be replaced since this one leaks oil pretty badly); though as of now, the issues I'm having are around 52-57 mph. Its shudders goes away once I'm doing 60mph. When decelerating, it shudders pretty badly (I say it might be bad driveshaft u-joints, but not positive), but once at a complete stop, it's fine. Every now and then when idling in traffic, it will bog down kinda like a misfire with low jumping rpms up and down jumping from 750rpms to 700rpm back and forth, but then goes back to normal after a few seconds. It's odd and getting annoying.

Other than those problems, it's been doing very well. Here are some latest pics. ...
                I have no intention of causing any offence. Just trying to be helpful.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Originally posted by IPreferDIY View Post
                  I never would've guessed dyslexia. If you ever had issues with spelling, it looks like you've mastered them. If that has been the result of deliberate effort, then you really should turn your attention to punctuation and structure, as miamibob more-or-less indicated.

I don't know a whole lot about dyslexia, though I myself have 'dyslexia-like' problems as a result of longtime eye alignment issues. (I'm hoping it will finally be cleared up after another surgery.) When I see long paragraphs, I really have to struggle to get through them, and I would guess the same applies to a lesser extent to 'normal' people.

Apart from the punctuation and structure concerns, your written expression is amazing. You deal with topics sequentially, and everything flows well. I would suggest breaking things up into 'bite-sized' pieces to make it easier for others to absorb. Since learning to write well can only happen when others criticize your work, I would like to offer a suggested improvement for your long-paragraph post. I'm not aiming for perfection here, just something that I hope you would agree is significantly better:

Nicely done and explains my original point completely!!

Comment

Originally posted by IPreferDIY View Post

That does look better, I will try that from now on. Any ideas what my problems might be with the cars shuddering and funky idle rpm bouncing ?.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

My mechanical experience is rather limited, so I can't really offer much myself. I might guess a wheel balance vibration issue for the shudder if it only showed up at high speeds, but that doesn't sound like what you're experiencing. I think some of the generic things to consider for an idle problem would be idle air control motor (might need cleaning), spark plugs and wires, and fuel filter. Hopefully the more knowledgeable people will chime in.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                      mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

my Mark was doing the same thing (shudder/vibration on deceleration from speed)... apparently the TL carrier and spider gears that were in that rear axle were chewing themselves into oblivion. Probably a rear axle issue if it's not u-joints.

As for the RPM bouncing thing, if the connection to the MAF is flaky, it'll do that.

Comment

Glad to see your Lincoln still going strong! Save for the computer gremlins, but I'm sure you'll work around em
                          1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Glad to hear it's still running strong. As strong as that tired 302 can be that is.

Comment

U joints got my vote on the shudder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's time for a motor swap in a few weeks . she will be off the road when the new motor is ready to go in, as of now to 260,000 mile 302 thats tired as hell will be running and making its last appearance at scottfest 2015.

Comment

Working...
                                X