Larisa "1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
    That must be the "new" (Exploder) motor, based on the mounts and oil filter adapter at least. But darn she looks nasty on the outside, any estimate on how many miles were on that thing? Mileage unknown and considering the overall shape of it, I'd have at the very least spun the oil pump with a drill to see what oil pressure she's capable of.

motor has 110,000 on it that was the lowest mileage one i could find, explorer was rear ended that it came out of.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

110k ain't bad at all, should be still quite decent inside. Outside is whatever, as long as everything that needs to seal actually seals who cares if the heads are rusty or not, run the bitch But IIRC the full GT40 swap (heads, intake, headers, whatever cam floats yer boat, etc.) don't play nice with speed-density air/fuel management, so whatcha gonna do for ECM?
      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

I would probably run it too, but that's just me.

Let's hope it doesn't smoke more than you do.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I would degrease the outside of that and paint it, but as long as the cylinders look OK it should be functionally fine. You're going to have to re-gasket it anyway since the heads are off and the oil pan and timing cover get swapped. Do you have those parts? It would make swapping things a lot quicker if you don't have to save them off the current motor first.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            I would degrease the outside of that and paint it, but as long as the cylinders look OK it should be functionally fine. You're going to have to re-gasket it anyway since the heads are off and the oil pan and timing cover get swapped. Do you have those parts? It would make swapping things a lot quicker if you don't have to save them off the current motor first.
            i bought new parts for the motor swap which include the following

New Rear Main Seal
            Head Set Complete
            Oil Pan Gasket Set
            Remy Gold Starter
            2 New Motor Mounts
            New Flywheel
            8 Motorcraft SP432 Spark Plugs
            Fuel Injector Rebuild Kit
            ARP Head Bolts
            Throttle Body Gasket
            Thermostat
            Thermostat Housing Gasket
            Oil Pump Screen
            Oil Pump
            EGR Spacer Gasket
            Timing Set
            Timing Cover
            Timing Cover Gasket Set
            Oil Pump Intermediate Shaft
            Oil Pan
            Oil Filter Adapter

picking up from the yard the following

EEC-IV 86-up Distributor
            4.6 Air Intake Zip Tube

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
            1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Find a source for weatherstripping?
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

havent found a mark vi 2 door with good weatherstripping. i just need the main windows weatherstripping, i already replaced the weatherstripping on the vent windows

Comment

Originally posted by MattsLincoln View Post
                  havent found a mark vi 2 door with good weatherstripping. i just need the main windows weatherstripping, i already replaced the weatherstripping on the vent windows
                  http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...w-wipe-sources

window channel or the actual weather strip between the door and body. If window channel... check the link. If weather strip... yeah... still need to figure that one out.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

more updates, passenger side of the motor has its 3 coats of engine primer and its first coat of Ford Red Engine Enamel, Teardown of the old motor in progress, and progress of The GT40P heads getting redone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12208579_512515392244135_7828083503114719427_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1278454Click image for larger version

Name:	12235051_512515405577467_4649708175416668616_n.jpg
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1278453Click image for larger version

Name:	11707435_512515432244131_8681782921376775972_n.jpg
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1278452Click image for larger version

Name:	12195911_512515418910799_2430331533960054770_n.jpg
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1278451

Comment

So red engine block and probably heads... I'd paint the valve covers, intake, and oil pan white then. It will both match the car's exterior paint scheme AND also make locating and identifying any possible fluid leaks a breeze.
                      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Oooo, progress! Looks good man! One day I will possess the tools needed for engine tear down..
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                          So red engine block and probably heads... I'd paint the valve covers, intake, and oil pan white then. It will both match the car's exterior paint scheme AND also make locating and identifying any possible fluid leaks a breeze.
                          So much this. Would look awesome.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

A speed-density mustang air tube or mark vii air tube should work for you and be a bit better-flowing. 4.6 ones have all those BS holes in them for the crankcase ventilator and such. Lookin' good buddy, can't wait to hear it run.

Comment

i decided not use white paint on the engine for the reason is it gets dirty too quick, there are 3 primary colors to the bill blass they are red, black, and white.

The following is being painted ford red

Engine Block
                              Valve Covers
                              Lower Intake
                              Water Pump
                              Thermostat housing

The following will be painted in Gloss Black Engine Enamel

Heads
                              Oil Pan
                              Upper Intake
                              Pulleys

The Following will be painted in silver engine enamel

Brackets
                              Wagon Fender Braces.

Comment

Brother, engine dirt is engine dirt, you'll get that regardless of color choices. But if you clean your engine fairly regularly, it won't be as much of an issue as you think - I paint every intake alu-silver unless otherwise requested, it comes out nice and stays nice with just air-blowing things on semi-regular basis. Not much difference between alu-silver and white in that regard... And believe me, black oil pans are the devil!!! I know you're resealing the thing and it's not supposed to leak, but you never know, and finding any leak along a black oil pan is very much like resisting the Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X