My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320 aka The Benz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks^

Did some more things...Aftermarket Mercedes CL Sport type grille and flat hood emblem/badge thing...

New Hood emblem:

New Grill:

New and old grill comparison:

Stock:

Not Stock:

Over all I like it. I think for winter I will play it safe and reinstall the old grill. Don't know how much an aftermarket piece can take of our winters up here. Six bolts and it comes out and I wont have to worry about the salt getting to it.
    Attached Files
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You are a member of Black Badge now.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I kinda like bomb-sight hood ornaments personally. Makes for better targeting accuracy. Also I tend to use it as a lane minder, put the hood ornament on the white line.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
          You are a member of Black Badge now.
          I swear it is a very dark blue in the hood emblem. Unless I am misunderstanding what you are referring to...

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          I kinda like bomb-sight hood ornaments personally. Makes for better targeting accuracy. Also I tend to use it as a lane minder, put the hood ornament on the white line.
          Me too. Though with this grill it would have been over the top mercedes logo for my taste. My first drive without a "sight" went fine. Never used it before like that. I used the Vics to judge how close the front end was to the curb....
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yes you understand.
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Did some more sprucing up....

AMG type pedal pads....

Before:

After:

Accelerator pedal is the only one that is a bit goofy. Rest fit perfectly. Really happy with it as of now.
              Attached Files
              ~David~

Comment

yup nice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

So when does it get the AMG driveline swap?
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So when does it get the AMG driveline swap?

When I need a new car.

Messing with this car mechanically (for no reason/upgrades) is something I never want to do.
                    ~David~

Comment

Awhile back my center consoles cup holder gave up the ghost. Its a silly push button thing where the cup holder rises out of the console and the actual "cup holder" flips open and towards the passengers side. The rolled up metal band spring lost its "seat" within the mechanism when a bit of the plastic broke off so the whole shebang jammed up. I managed to cobble it back together by securing the metal band spring and putting the assembly back together but after a few months now it failed again and I can no longer fix it. Replacement was just under 70. Ouch...its on its way.
                      ~David~

Comment

Ouch indeed. But I don't think the pricing is out of character for a part like that. CV cupholder/ashtray is over $200.

Alex.

Comment

Not unreasonable, and you can get it. One great thing about German cars is the support.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
                            Ouch indeed. But I don't think the pricing is out of character for a part like that. CV cupholder/ashtray is over $200.

Alex.
                            Wowsers. I like my price better.
                            ~David~

Comment

Not unreasonable, and you can get it. One great thing about German cars is the support.
                              Like a jock strap!
                              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

well, its better than the pegging we usually get from Ford.

Comment

Working...
                                X