My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320 aka The Benz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
    You'd probably have a heart attack if you saw my cars. I won't drive anything new or very nice until my boys are older, they can dirty up the inside with food like no one's business. I want to detail my 4Runner then cover it with clear plastic like a 1950's living room.
    My 88 has not been vacuumed out in 3 years.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yuck. lol

Went to the dent doctor today to take care of that dent on the passengers side fender some a hole intern gave me last year.

Before:

After:

Also took care of a crease someone else a work left me on the drivers side front door just before the door handle.

Much happiness spewing from me now that these things are taken care of.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've always loved Mercedeseses.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

The depth of shine you have on that thing is nothing short of spectacular. I don't think my brand new Enclave shines that nice.

Dent repair looks spot on.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Thanks!

Washed her this morning:

Yay

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Your car should be in a commercial or something... I'm all up for clean, but this is ridiculous! LOL Nice job as always.
              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
              The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

He is the detail man after all.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Few weeks back I ran the benz up and over the 100,000 mark!

Also got the exterior ready for winter by cleaning up all of the glass (window cleaner with razor blade, clay bar, and rainx) as well as claying the paint, polishing it and then applying a sealant.

Winter wheels and tires are going on this weekend. Also plan to fluid film her while I have it on jackstands. I have a BUNCH of fluid film left.
                  ~David~

Comment

What do you use as a sealant?

Comment

I used meguiars paint protect. Easy to get my hands on from the big box auto store shelves. I am curious about the other options that chemical guys and autogeek offer.
                      ~David~

Comment

Never used anything but a good carnuba wax (which doesn't last that long) so was curious about the options. Chem Guys and Autogeek have many products to choose from but I never know which ones really work - that is why I asked. Post if you find a good one and I'll do the same!! Anthony

Comment

Some pics of her all ready for winter adorning the winter wheels and tires:

~David~

Comment

How do those tires do? I'm getting ready to buy a set of winter tires for my wife's minivan since I have a set of 15" steelies, and I've narrowed it down to Firestone Winterforce, these Altimax Arctic, Blizzak WS80, and because the van is fairly heavy, Yokohama Iceguard IG51V (light truck/SUV winter tire). I've read that the first three are pretty soft which is good for snow but not for potholes or for handling it turns. We drive slow as it is but rather not have too mushy a feel. The Yoko's might be better for that, made for a heavier vehicle and have a max psi of 51 as opposed to 44 like the others. How do those handle in the turns on a snow packed road and stopping? That's really what's important, having the traction to not slide off the road and to stop. I've never bought winter tires before so I'm trying to gather info from other people's experience.

(Btw, you can move this to an OTB thread if you don't want this one cluttered with off topic posts.)
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

The car is an absolute bear to get going from a frozen over parking spot, but I attribute that to the rear wheel drive (not a 4-matic car) coupled with the various traction controls this thing packs. If the car lets me get going on the road I cannot complain about performance in inclement weather. I have not experienced any issues while turning and stopping is not a scary either. I have been driving the car for the past few months on nothing but bare pavement and it handles all of that quite nicely as well. I do drive fast and take corners quicker than I should be and it handles all of it without complaining.
                              ~David~

Comment

That's good to hear, might give those a shot since they're not much more expensive than the Winterforce which are the cheapest option. The van does fairly well as it is being FWD and heavy and I there's a button to disable the traction control. The tires on it now are just about half worn and don't do too well in snow, and the alignment is way off so they're worn uneven so I need to have the alignment done and get new tires, so now is the time to do it and figure since I finally got a spare set, get some winter tires.
                                Last edited by 88Vic; 01-08-2016, 09:50 AM.
                                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                                X