PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320 aka The Benz

Thanks^

Did some more things...Aftermarket Mercedes CL Sport type grille and flat hood emblem/badge thing...

New Hood emblem:

New Grill:

New and old grill comparison:

Stock:

Not Stock:

Over all I like it. I think for winter I will play it safe and reinstall the old grill. Don't know how much an aftermarket piece can take of our winters up here. Six bolts and it comes out and I wont have to worry about the salt getting to it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0963.jpg   IMG_0965.jpg   IMG_0967.jpg   IMG_0969.jpg   IMG_0971.jpg  

IMG_0972.jpg   IMG_0973.jpg  
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I post a lot...

You are a member of Black Badge now.
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I kinda like bomb-sight hood ornaments personally. Makes for better targeting accuracy. Also I tend to use it as a lane minder, put the hood ornament on the white line.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by jaywish View Post
    You are a member of Black Badge now.
    I swear it is a very dark blue in the hood emblem. Unless I am misunderstanding what you are referring to...

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    I kinda like bomb-sight hood ornaments personally. Makes for better targeting accuracy. Also I tend to use it as a lane minder, put the hood ornament on the white line.
    Me too. Though with this grill it would have been over the top mercedes logo for my taste. My first drive without a "sight" went fine. Never used it before like that. I used the Vics to judge how close the front end was to the curb....
    ~David~

I post a lot...

Yes you understand.
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Did some more sprucing up....

AMG type pedal pads....

Before:

After:

Accelerator pedal is the only one that is a bit goofy. Rest fit perfectly. Really happy with it as of now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0991.jpg   IMG_1001.jpg   IMG_1002.jpg  
    ~David~

I post a lot...

yup nice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow

So when does it get the AMG driveline swap?

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

So when does it get the AMG driveline swap?

When I need a new car.

Messing with this car mechanically (for no reason/upgrades) is something I never want to do.
    ~David~

Awhile back my center consoles cup holder gave up the ghost. Its a silly push button thing where the cup holder rises out of the console and the actual "cup holder" flips open and towards the passengers side. The rolled up metal band spring lost its "seat" within the mechanism when a bit of the plastic broke off so the whole shebang jammed up. I managed to cobble it back together by securing the metal band spring and putting the assembly back together but after a few months now it failed again and I can no longer fix it. Replacement was just under 70. Ouch...its on its way.
    ~David~

Ouch indeed. But I don't think the pricing is out of character for a part like that. CV cupholder/ashtray is over $200.

Alex.

Not unreasonable, and you can get it. One great thing about German cars is the support.

Quote Originally Posted by GM_Guy View Post
    Ouch indeed. But I don't think the pricing is out of character for a part like that. CV cupholder/ashtray is over $200.

Alex.
    Wowsers. I like my price better.
    ~David~

Not unreasonable, and you can get it. One great thing about German cars is the support.
    Like a jock strap!
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

well, its better than the pegging we usually get from Ford.

Washed her last Wednesday......

And this morning I decided to treat the headlights as they were getting slightly discolored again..

Below are them masked off and ready for clay bar, sanding (3000 grit), compound and sealant:

Below you can see the drivers side complete with all steps BUT the sealant...the passengers side remains untouched after the 3000 grit sanding..

Here are both sides complete and ready for another season:

I then took out my summer floor mats and dropped in the winter rubber ones....The summer mats shown some wear from the season so I decided to use my upholstery extractor on it:

It pulled up A LOT of dirt from the mats:

The drivers side mat turned out great. Ready for next year:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1066.jpg   IMG_1080.jpg   IMG_1082.jpg   IMG_1083.jpg   IMG_1084.jpg  

IMG_1086.jpg   IMG_1088.jpg  
    ~David~

Some milestones and fun mileages the car reached:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 122221.jpg   123123.jpg   123246.jpg   123321.jpg   123456.jpg  

~David~

I post a lot...

Nice.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by jaywish View Post
    Nice.
    'Nice!' is what the kids say online now when they post a picture that has 69 in it. The numbers, not the act.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Did an ONR wash with ammo hydrate wipe up today and spruced up the wheels with a foamer and some gold class soap. Finished the wheels off with some flash grape gloss spray wax and the rubber with ammo mud. She needed it. Now I am a happy camper again...

Anyone spot the new jewelry on her?...Anyone. Kinda hard to see but I popped this on.......I kinda like it the way before though...lol

I paint matched it a while back. Anyways bring on winter....

EDIT. A few weeks back I pulled off the bling bling chrome grille. I did not want it to go through a winter. No idea how it would have fared so I put the stock one back on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1283.jpg   IMG_1284.jpg   IMG_1285.jpg   IMG_1286.jpg   IMG_1287.jpg  

IMG_1288.jpg   IMG_1289.jpg   IMG_1290.jpg   IMG_1291.jpg  
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 01-06-2019 at 05:26 PM.
    ~David~

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast