No announcement yet.

My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320 aka The Benz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spend $29 a month on an unlimited pass to the local automatic car wash. I used to be adverse to automatics as I liked to handwash my cars, but I have found the automatic I go to does a fairly good job. There's been days where I will run it through twice.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2034_zpsocpfh8fc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1277073
    Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
    Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
    Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
    Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Comment

Originally posted by LithiumCobalt View Post
      I spend $29 a month on an unlimited pass to the local automatic car wash. I used to be adverse to automatics as I liked to handwash my cars, but I have found the automatic I go to does a fairly good job. There's been days where I will run it through twice.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]42002[/ATTACH]
      $29 for unlimited a month. What a deal! Its $10-12 for one good wash here. Oh but the vacuum is free anytime.

Comment

This thing is stupid clean, 3.2L 6 Cylinder right?
        1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Thanks.

To be honest I do not know the model of the engine other than it being a 6 cylinder. Something I am happy about not knowing as that means everything has been well so far under my ownership.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Mercedes and BMW tend to name their models by engine size. The E320 is a 3.2 V6 and the BMW 530i is a 3.0 I6 (Mercedes uses V6 while BMW only use I6).

Yours I noticed has dual exhaust. I think it was optional, if you ever look under the car, there should be a ball and flange on the passenger side after the center resonator. I think they would cap that side when it was single exhaust and just add the passenger tailpipe for duals. Not sure if there's a power difference or not, probably minimal, but I imagine the duals are a hair louder, and it gives the back end a balanced look.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

correct about the names including engine displacement. The wagon and the SL500 are both 5.O's
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

A quick few after my trek home today.

BTW this car does not do well in the least in this type of weather. I could only imagine how much worse it would be without snow tires...

There is a bridge back there.....somewhere..

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

After looking at your cars for a few years now it is shocking to see one of them in such a state!
                  1989 crown Vic daily driver 165k and counting!
                  1987 MGM 49xxx mi awaiting light resto

Comment

Is the traction the issue? I would assume with winter tires it stops fine and doesn't slide sideways extremely easy like with all seasons. If it just has trouble getting going, throw a couple sandbags or concrete bags in the back. By that, I mean in the middle of the floor in front of the back seats, that way it'll evenly distribute weight throughout the car go aid all around traction, and putting them in the center will improve center of gravity, obviously.

Comment

I believe the computer controlled stuff is the issue. Traction ma be a slight issue as well.

Ordered my summer tires! Dunlop Direzza DZ102's. Ultra High Performance Summer Tires.....Super Excited!

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...um=255VR6DZ102

Good deal as well.
                      ~David~

Comment

Not to brag, but I live about 80 miles from Tire Rack. Bought tires from them and actually took a tour of the place while I had my new tires installed at their in-house shop. Tires for as long as the eye could see. They had some type of Corvette race event going on that day at their on-site track. Place is pretty cool if you like the smell of rubber n stuff.
                        Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
                        Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
                        Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
                        Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Comment

Nice.

My tires arrived today

~David~

Comment

You could consider installing those on the Ford.
                            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                              You could consider installing those on the Ford.
                              Yep. Don't know why you're buying summer tires for your winter beater!

You've already got a summer car, utilize it; boy.
                              __________________________________________________

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Do you have another set of wheels for them? I'd hate to mount and remount tires every 6 months, plus I don't know if taking them off and then on so much will damage the bead or sidewall.

If not get some lightweight wheels, like my friend has TSW Nurburgring wheels on his V6 Performance Pack Mustang, they're rotary forged so they're really lightweight to improve the handling. He has Hankook Ventus V12 Evo tires now, feels pretty glued to the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X