No announcement yet.

My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320 aka The Benz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gasp. 219 for two lower ball joints and a drivers side front thrust arm.

I need new front wheel bearings/hubs but at 180 a pop I will have to wait.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Are those Rock Auto prices?
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

No. I dont bother with rock auto for the Benz. To be fair I never even considered it and just went directly to autohaus and MBwholesale when I picked this car up.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Detroit?

Here's some info if you happen to have time for a JY run:
          http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...Detroit-U-pull
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working at Comerica Park Thursday through Saturday. Flying in today and out Sunday.
            ~David~

Comment

Hmm, what's going on down there? I don't pay attention to media. Both Vic and I are metro Detroiters though. I will say that the Telegraph cruise is going on Saturday though, we might go down to that with the Fireturd.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Joel Osteen.

I can see people in the stands of Comerica Park from my hotel room.
                ~David~

Comment

Oh.. Well, when you don't have anything nice to say..........
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

ugh that guy. For some reason he reminds me of Tim Allen but with a used car salesman sort of slime quotient.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Joel Osteen, Aka: Mr. name it and claim it.
                      Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      Joel Osteen.

I can see people in the stands of Comerica Park from my hotel room.

Comment

Gave her a bath today as I finally had some time. Been quite busy and took care if it finally.

Then went to grab some fuel:

Paints tired and needs touch up here and there. Also needs a good compound polish and buff. I STILL need to give some love to those headlights. I have all of the products just not the perfect weather to get it done.

These pics are just a wash, claymitt and wax. I also clayed the windows with some stuff mitymerc sent me! Thanks Jim.

Awaiting the arrival of the lower ball joints and drivers side front thrust arm to get rid of this annoying clunk.

Will have to order rear rotors as well as pads and front hubs soon too. The rear pulses under moderate braking and you can visible see unevenness in the rotors finish.
                        ~David~

Comment

I went with Centric Ceramic pads on the Sl fronts. They seem good, I am happy, though the OEM might be a bit more aggressive when cold.
                          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                            I went with Centric Ceramic pads on the Sl fronts. They seem good, I am happy, though the OEM might be a bit more aggressive when cold.

With this car I am kinda leaning towards OEM as much as I can. If I cannot find what I want in OEM I will give those Centric ceramics a looksie for sure though.
                            ~David~

Comment

Goddammit...I only replaced both lower ball joints in May of 2014 and the drivers side one was already shot! (http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post723787)

So I replaced the drivers side lower all joint again this morning. The boot was torn and had tons of play. These were no cheap ball joints either. They were just under 50 a pop back in 2014! The passengers side one is still holding out. The boot is intact and nothing fishy is going on.....

Here is the entire spindle out of the car and the new lower ball joint pressed in:

I also had to replace the drivers side lower front thrust arm. Here you can see the new one and the old one:

Missing her bits:

The rat bastard lower ball joint:

All back together:

Will test drive monday. Hoping the knocking sound I had in the front end is entirely gone. If not more investigating is to be done.
                              ~David~

Comment

Polished up the headlights today on the Benz.

Used Meguiars Hevy Duty Headlight polish kit. Kit needs more aggressive sandpaper than just the provided 1000 and 3000 grit. To get an even haze on the light 1000 will never cut it (considering one must break through all of the existing/failing UV coating) and something like 400 or 600 should be provided as well.

Regardless I made things work and am happy with the results.

Before:

Close ups:

Claybarred…again Thanks Jim!

Sanding with the 1000 grit:

Sanding with the 3000 grit:

One side done up with the plast-x compound:

And completed on the p.side:

Drivers side before:

Ready for action:

Claybarred and sanded with 1000 grit:

All done:

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X