No announcement yet.

My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320 aka The Benz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knowing who did it and getting covered for it are usually two different things! Hope he has insurance (AND they will step up to cover it) or he pays out of pocket.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Just got paid...Friday Night..party hoppin..feeling right...

Welp got the 6 hundo from the kid the other day and went on a spending spree!

Got some AMG type spoilers for the trunk and rear window as well as some neato all weather floor mats. Chrome power seat switch covers are in route as well.

Only thing I had time to install yet are the floor mats.

Before with LL bean Waterhog floor mats:

After MMM genuine mercedes benz parts!

And a few pics of the spoilers I just unpacked from Taiwan. Finish is amazing on them. Yet to see how well color mismatches......

Once my hectic work schedule is over I will get to buffing out the damaged areas, touch up the paint and bring her on over to the PDR guy in the neighborhod and get her looking straight again.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Took a while but glad to see you were paid. Sometimes, the proper things in life DO happen!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Those LL Bean mats may have been effective, but they look like mats you'd have on your front porch more than what belong in a car. I've never been big on thick woven mats like that anyway. They are hard to get and keep clean. Rubber or vinyl can be scrubbed up easy.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
            Took a while but glad to see you were paid. Sometimes, the proper things in life DO happen!!
            Yeah. I was a bit worried because he is leaving sometime next month for Africa. Parents must own a restaurant or something at the Serengeti. He paid me though so all is well.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            Those LL Bean mats may have been effective, but they look like mats you'd have on your front porch more than what belong in a car. I've never been big on thick woven mats like that anyway. They are hard to get and keep clean. Rubber or vinyl can be scrubbed up easy.
            Yeah these are definitely like door mats for houses. I am sure these cost a pretty penny. Nothing LL bean is cheap! Couldn't find any information on them though.

Looking forward to the new mats
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The other thing with woven mats is they tend to hold moisture, which turns into mildew and general funk smell.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nothing is more gross than mildew smell in your vehicle.

Had some time before work Friday to pop on the spoilers. Paint matches very well!

Before:

After with just window spoiler:

After with trunk spoiler:

Also received my chrome power seat switches:

Before:

After:

~David~

Comment

So does it have 0.18 more horsepower with the spoilers ?

Comment

I think the chrome power seat switches added even more HP!! Looks SWEET!

Comment

Looks good. Memory settings on both sides. Nice!
                      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                      Past Panthers
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

those spoilers really stick-on or did you have to drill?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          So does it have 0.18 more horsepower with the spoilers ?
                          No, but it looks like it would.

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                          I think the chrome power seat switches added even more HP!! Looks SWEET!
                          Thanks

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                          Looks good. Memory settings on both sides. Nice!
                          Yeppers. Memories for all my friends......

Originally posted by sly View Post
                          those spoilers really stick-on or did you have to drill?
                          Stick on.
                          ~David~

Comment

You're really meticulous about interior stuff..

But when you add wings or spoilers to your car Y'know what that means.

Ricer.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                            The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                            It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                              You're really meticulous about interior stuff..

But when you add wings or spoilers to your car Y'know what that means.

Ricer.
                              I am pretty meticulous about everything that I own. Devil is in the details and I try really hard to focus on'em.

These are stock AMG Mercedes Benz pieces. I am a stock Mercedes Benz Ricer.
                              ~David~

Comment

hellastock
                                Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                                Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                                Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Working...
                                X