My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320 aka The Benz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wannabe rice.

I liked the house looking front door mats. They really added depth to the interior. Really makes you think if it's a car or a house...

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

no rice... I see bratwurst and kraut. (German)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If it was lowered to the ground, had a giant fart can and had some sort of graphics it would be rice. Right now it looks damn good, I've actually seen E series with those same spoilers.
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          no rice... I see bratwurst and kraut. (German)

Haha. Yes.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Washed my baby this morning...She got the usual treatment.. Meguiars Ultimate wash and wax on the body and brown royal wheel cleaner on the wheels. Dressed her up with some meguiars ultimate tire gel and spray way.

Havent gotten that dent fixed yet...

I have two replacement wheels on the way. My original thought was to pop snow tires on them for the rear of the car...Now I am contemplating picking up two additional wheels and picking up four snow tires and 4 new summer tires and putting the snows on the original tired looking wheels and keeping the new wheels for the summer.....

I am still up in the air about it.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

is that a puke green Nova I see in the background ? My aunt had a 70s Charger, one of the boaty ones, in that horrible color.

If you're going to do summer/winter wheels, it makes sense to use the crappier ones for winter use. The salt just eats aluminum
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Any experience around driving with just snow tires in the rear?

Yeah, I think it is a nova. No idea on the actual color. Right now it just has the muck of 6 years just sitting there. Chunks of rust here and there as well as a couple flat tires. Basically a huge POS.
                Last edited by 87gtVIC; 10-04-2014, 05:43 AM.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've never had snows. I drive with half bald all-seasons in a 2wd pickup truck most of the time. I just add cinderblocks to the bed, and elect to not go places if it won't take me without a fight.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

We used to use snow tires on just the rear when we had our old volvo 240, and our mercedes 300D in upstate NY, which gets lots of snow. It works well, especially on hills. (with all seasons we would start going up the hill, and then slowly slide backwards into a ditch, this happened a few times....) If you're driving in roads that will be mainly covered in snow all the time, it's best to get 4 snow tires.
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

You need a winter beater. You buy these second cars and make them too nice to drive on salty roads. Get a Cavalier or Neon, something you can keep tuned up, throw a set of winter tires on steelies and drive.
                      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

A lot of places will now refuse to sell you a pair of snow tires (or they will refuse to mount & install anything short of a full set) due to liability concerns. Usually you can find snows already on steelies for our cars cheap on Craigslist, good luck.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
                        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                          You need a winter beater. You buy these second cars and make them too nice to drive on salty roads. Get a Cavalier or Neon, something you can keep tuned up, throw a set of winter tires on steelies and drive.
                          I cannot own a POS. I have to make everything I own look good.

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                          A lot of places will now refuse to sell you a pair of snow tires (or they will refuse to mount & install anything short of a full set) due to liability concerns. Usually you can find snows already on steelies for our cars cheap on Craigslist, good luck.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
                          We are talking about a mercedes here not "our cars" lol.

Anyways after watching videos about 4 v. 2 snow tires I was convinced that I needed 4 to get the most out of them. So I just purchased two more wheels. I wil have a complete set of snow/winter wheels and tires as well as a complete set of summer wheels and tires.

Speaking of new wheels the first two new wheels arrived last night.

The wheels before a douching and wheel wax:

It was raining as I walked them into the garage.....

Wheel wax laying on em'

And complete:

Valve stems installed:

I boxed them back up. They will be the summer wheels as they are in mint shape. I will use the stock wheels for the winter because they are showing signs of peeling/lifting clearcoat.

Now to purchase a set of snows.........
                          Last edited by 87gtVIC; 10-04-2014, 03:24 PM.
                          ~David~

Comment

Wheels turned out fantastic. You might check out getting the studless snow tires.

Comment

Thanks.

I ended up purchasing a set of General Tires Altimax Arctic studless snow tires. Was the best tire for my application and what I expected to get out of them.
                              ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                I cannot own a POS. I have to make everything I own look good.
                                Get married, have kids, buy a beater. You won't have the time to make it look good. My cars I used to keep washed and vacuumed regularly. I never had them detailed but nice for my standards. Now they've all got piles of food and drink stains. That's what kids do to your cars.
                                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                                X