Sounds like good advise NOT to follow.

New rubbers are in...

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

uh huh huh huh... he said rubbers... uh huh huh huh

as for owning a vehicle with spouse and kids around... scotchgaurd everything!... and enjoy.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Changed the oil as well as the air filters today. Mobile one 0w 40. 8.5 quarts. lol
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

8.5 quarts? wtf
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yep. I don't understand it either.
            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
              uh huh huh huh... he said rubbers... uh huh huh huh

as for owning a vehicle with spouse and kids around... scotchgaurd everything!... and enjoy.
              Walmart seat covers ftw. Honestly as long as my interior doesn't have huge nasty stains or is ripped up, I don't care. It gets used and I'd rather spend my time not obsessing over dirt. Yeah I like cleaning sometimes, it's relaxing in a sense but I just don't have the patience to keep my cars detailed. Call me lazy but I'd rather be playing old video games then hunting for dust in every nook and cranny.

That being, Dave, said I respect your attention to detail, you have more patience than I and if you have the time for it then more power to you.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

well the .5 is because its probably 8 liters but why so much is my question.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

because Mercedes.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I just read this whole thread and I gotta say that is a sweet car. I like the nice touches you've put on it.

How much did those snows run you if I may ask?

'93 T-bird
                    '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                    '88 Mark VII
                    '86 CV

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                      Walmart seat covers ftw. Honestly as long as my interior doesn't have huge nasty stains or is ripped up, I don't care. It gets used and I'd rather spend my time not obsessing over dirt. Yeah I like cleaning sometimes, it's relaxing in a sense but I just don't have the patience to keep my cars detailed. Call me lazy but I'd rather be playing old video games then hunting for dust in every nook and cranny.

That being, Dave, said I respect your attention to detail, you have more patience than I and if you have the time for it then more power to you.
                      Thank you.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      well the .5 is because its probably 8 liters but why so much is my question.
                      Yep liters. Thirsty engine.

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      because Mercedes.
                      My guess.

Originally posted by purplebomb302 View Post
                      I just read this whole thread and I gotta say that is a sweet car. I like the nice touches you've put on it.

How much did those snows run you if I may ask?
                      Thanks a bunch. The new tires were 474 and change to my door step.
                      ~David~

Comment

Just saw this thread! Nice get with the Benz. E-Class from that era is one of my favs!

I was so relieved to see that you went with four snow tires instead of two. Most guys with the two set up on the rear forget that it's the wheels in the front doing the steering and all four help stop. Essentially just having them on the rear only makes you accelerate easier in the snow... and if you can't stop any better (70% or some similarly disproportional amount of braking power comes from the front) or steer any better...

Anyways, awesome car is the moral of the story!

PS - I'm going to PM you about your experience buffing/clay bar/making paint shiny. You do awesome work and I want to sponge up some of your wisdom.
                        ************************************************** ******************************
                        1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
                        1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
                        http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Not a bad price for snows. I got quoted $400 mounted and balanced for generic cheapies.

'93 T-bird
                          '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                          '88 Mark VII
                          '86 CV

Comment

Swapped the snows on today. 80 bucks to dispose of the old, remove, replace and balance.

I took them on a test ride and all was well. No annoying at all!

~David~

Comment

Should handle pretty nice with snow tires.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Handles fine so far with no out of the ordinary noises...

Today I changed the transmission pilot bushing (basically an electrical connector) which was leaking and could potentially allow fluid to wick up the wires and fry the transmission control module. I also flushed the fluid and changed the filter. There was also an unintentional oil change done after I caught dad accidentally pouring transmission fluid into the engine oil dipstick. The tranny dipstick is hidden behind it and under the engine cover so he honestly thought he was filling up the tranny.

Some pics!

The work area:

The naked tranny:

The Pan:

The electrical connector that was replaced:

All of the fluid I cycled through her to get it nice and clean again:

And the oil because of the mishap:

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X