Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    How about Scott Joplin?
    select works... and even then, mainly as a compliment to something else.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I love me clean vehicles. I try my hardest to keep my lincoln and GMGT clean, since I am OCD about cleanliness. Some even pick on me for it. Keep up the love, mang!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

One day when my boys are older I'll have time to keep my cars clean, the spilled food and stains bother me. Before I had kids I could wash my cars and keep the windows/dash/carpet clean but I can't leave my wife alone long enough to do that, I have to put the house back together when I get home from work. Not counting my truck (which I only drive when I need it) and Lincoln since it doesn't drive and I'm selling it, I've got one car now. I have my 02 T&C and the wife is gonna have a Toyota Sienna later this year. The Toyota I'm gonna probably buy new or close to it, and I'm gonna cover the seats and carpet and really keep it clean until the kids are old enough not to trash it. I won't go to your extent of polishing and waxing, but I will keep the inside dusted and vacuumed and the outside washed.

I hope one day to buy an M3 or M5 and keep that thing immaculate.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I have a spot bot for spilled food stains (usually grease stains with me though) to keep my interiors clean. The exterior... meh... God sorts that out enough for me. I do hose off the underside when I have to deal with road salt (which isn't very often for me).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

There are reasons I don't have children. I dislike filthy cars, and I'm too lazy to clean them often so I have to rely on not getting them overly dirty. Children are incompatible with this operational model, and since I'm largely unwilling to change my behavior I'll avoid needing to.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The answer to having a clean vehicle with children over 6 years old is: Every week we all got to clean the cars that were used until they sparkled.
              Until the cleaning got done, no TV, video games, etc. No food or drink except water in the vehicle. No exceptions. If their friends got a ride, he is responsible for ensuring the friends follow the rules.
              I did this when I was raising a kid. It worked just fine. The cars were kept looking like new.

Comment

THIS ^... the children don't make the cars dirty, the PARENTS allowing it does. My wife and I will seriously fight over this, but I believe no food or drink in the car unless absolutely necessary (long trip, etc)
                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                  The answer to having a clean vehicle with children over 6 years old is: Every week we all got to clean the cars that were used until they sparkled.
                  Until the cleaning got done, no TV, video games, etc. No food or drink except water in the vehicle. No exceptions. If their friends got a ride, he is responsible for ensuring the friends follow the rules.
                  I did this when I was raising a kid. It worked just fine. The cars were kept looking like new.
                  This does work.

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                    THIS ^... the children don't make the cars dirty, the PARENTS allowing it does. My wife and I will seriously fight over this, but I believe no food or drink in the car unless absolutely necessary (long trip, etc)
                    I don't even allow adults to eat or drink in my car myself included

Comment

drinks meh... I've added cupholders for this. Food... only if fetching it (pizza/burger run) to eat at home or long trips. And anything dropped is cleaned at the next stop.

Comment

Cleaned again....

I'll drink water in the car. I go outside to eat a sammich.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

FU Winter:

Oh thanks goodness all better....

Outside our other shop in Bogota NJ

I love my car.
                          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looking good... my Marquis is pretty clean as it doesn't get driven much, the new car is a complete disaster from the salt. Can't wait to getting it looking good again. Winter (well salt) sucks.
                            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                            Past Panthers
                            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

my truck is a mess. Its not really even green anymore, its sort of a dead grey color.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Everything seems to turn into that dead gray color.

One of my coworkers was like "did your car just get flown here, there is not one speck of dirt on it anywhere"?
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X