Stock subwoofer driver replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock subwoofer driver replacement

so I got a stock subwoofer from a 92 touring sedan (thanks HiFiMerc) and I need a speaker to fill it with. so far the only driver I can find that will fit (with some modification to the magnet support) is http://www.parts-express.com/tang-ba...oofer--264-832 that is worth actually using. If anyone has a lead on something better, let me know. The magnet cannot be any more than 3.5inch/90mm in diameter (I know 90 is more than 3.5inch by 1mm... it'll fit). It should also be in the 50W Nominal (RMS) range (peak is a BS value for me... I deal with the usable range).
    Last edited by sly; 05-10-2014, 07:59 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

I used a spare Kicker SSMB6(6.5" midbass) in my Sport, sounded MUCH better than the stock paper one.

Sent while running from the cops using Tapatalk
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Can't find any that aren't more than the one I posted. Any other ideas?

Sent from Blaster coming at ya from Autobot City.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Kicker also makes shallow mount subs, about $65 on Amazon

Sent while running from the cops using Tapatalk
        1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

hmm... leaning towards this one now: http://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-W64-6-.../dp/B0002BEPH6

thanks to this review on another Pyramid speaker:
          My factory sub in my 13 year Lincoln Towncar finally rotted so I took a chance on this speaker after checking what some people used on the Lincoln blogs with the same problem. This speaker sounds great and for the money is a great value. The contruction seems very good. The speaker came very quickly and was pakaged well.
          Last edited by sly; 05-11-2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

yeah... gonna go with that Pyramid W64

Comment

200 Watts PEAK power.
              1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

don't need much. I would wager the original is even weaker. Gonna have to replace the stock amp too as it doesn't wanna play either.

Comment

Someone should fill the stock cabinet with water to measure volume. This someone could conceivably be in Texas.

Pete
                  For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                  1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                  1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

I don't have containers to measure volume if I were to do that... so meh. From the exterior size it seems to be about .7-.8 cubic feet. I'll probably shove some more poly fill in it if I don't like the response. I'm going to test it before shoving it in the car.

Comment

Working...
                    X