1984 Ford LTD Cv startup proplem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 Ford LTD Cv startup proplem

Hello. Some buddys of mine were fucking with my car and like fake starting it (let it crank but not start up) they did it like 2 or 3 times. then i sat inside and started it, and it wouldnt start up just crank.
    I Changed Sparks and spark wires and everything related to the ignition. Im having a thoughts about it they blew a relay for the Fuel pump or somthing ?

Where is the fuel pump relay located in 1984 Ford ltd cv's ?
    And what do u guys think is wrong ?

Sorry for my bad english .

Info should be in owner's manual, although someone here with an older box may know. I had a similar problem (crank and no start) over the very cold winter and turned out just to be a very clogged fuel filter.
    1987 Grand Marquis LS (GONE!)
    1990 Grand Marquis GS

I like to go fast

Comment

yes thanks for replying , I have pour'ed gas down the semi Injected carb and it still just cranks. He used to start in just one crank or less before..

Comment

TFI module? Mine went bad on my car and it would crank but not start. I would finally get it started after several tries but sometimes it would die right after.

I even got a video of it:

I don't know where the TFI lives on CFI cars, but mine was on the distributor.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
        2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
        2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Also, fuel pump relay should be under the hood on the driver's side fender. At least that's where it is on my car.

Comment

I don't have the owner's manual so it would be realy nice if someone could look it up for me in they're manual

Comment

Thank you verymuch mate ill check it out

Comment

Come to think of it I also had that problem with my '87. I replaced the module and the ignition coil, those solved my problem.
                1990 Grand Marquis GS

I like to go fast

Comment

Sounds like a bad TFI. And get new friends.

Comment

haha They never go full retarded.., What does TFI stand for again mate ?

Comment

Thick Film Ignition

Comment

This is what you're looking for:

I'm not sure if there's a way to test them if they're bad and the replacement ones are sort of on the expensive side. I replaced mine with a Motorcraft one. I've heard people having problems with ones that were from different companies.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by mobydick View Post
                          Sounds like a bad TFI. And get new friends.
                          This. Ahahah!
                          1990 Grand Marquis GS

I like to go fast

Comment

I've changed Spark plugs and wires, Ignition coil, distributor cap and Fuel pump relay in case.
                            I'm unable to get a new TFI at the moment but will be replacing that if all else fails.
                            could it be that the engine is flooded with gas since i've been trying to crank it and it fails everytime ?

Comment

Okei! a new TFI control module is in house and allrdy installed, Still dsnt start up, any ideas.. ?

Comment

Working...
                              X