My 2nd Panther- '85 Grand Marquis LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2nd Panther- '85 Grand Marquis LS

Well here she is, the replacement to my totaled '84. Picked her up last month for $800. She had just under 75k miles on her when I picked her up and I've since put on about 250 miles. More details and pictures to come!Click image for larger version

Name:	Marquis 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	1301374Click image for larger version

Name:	marquis 2 dash.jpg
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1301375

sigpic

What a deal! I love the white walls. So wish mine had white wall tires. I am one sided as my Marquis is the same. Clean white exterior. Just something about a white car. Great looking ride and look forward to more pictures.

Comment

white with red interior, with the whitewalls and wire caps. You chose very well.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Sweet dude!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

'79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Looks to be in nice shape. More pics!

'93 T-bird
            '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
            '88 Mark VII
            '86 CV

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm really loving this car. As I drive GM more and more it's actually scary how similar it is to my '84, no surprise there. My current plans are to keep her bone stock! I just love a car that looks like it did when it came out of the factory. When I picked up the car she was pissing oil pretty badly. Turns out it was the oil pan gasket and the intake manifold gasket. Both of which had been replaced, just not properly... She's all fixed now so no worries there. Absolutely everything works on this car, I can't believe it, I hope I didn't jinx myself. Someone took good care of this car. The last owner replaced the fuel pump so that's one less thing to worry about. Tires are practically brand new too. Brake lines have been replaced at some point, fuel lines have also been replaced. Oil pan is new, muffler is new, gas tank is also newer.

sigpic

Comment

Sahweet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good deal, a lot of the hard work is already done.

Comment

Winning!!!

Packman

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	GM 2 pic 1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	1274501Click image for larger version

Name:	GM 2 pic 2.jpg
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1274502Click image for larger version

Name:	GM 2 pic 3.jpg
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	1274503Click image for larger version

Name:	GM 2 pic 4.jpg
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	1274504Click image for larger version

Name:	GM 2 pic 5.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1274505

Interior pics coming soon. I'll have to take some presentable shots when it's actually nice out. Didn't realize how few picture's I've taken, that's not like me lol

I invested in a real dash cover since some of these pics were taken. The dash is to minty not to protect. Also I put a burgundy wheel cover on since the leather wrapped wheel is like new

sigpic

Comment

What beach?
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          What beach?
                          Jones Beach. I see you're not to far away, you ever been? After 4 PM on weekdays and 6 PM on weekends they stop collecting the vehicle entrance fee! I try to make it there at least once a week to jog, it's probably the best part about living on Long Island.

sigpic

Comment

Yep. Going nowhere near there now though as the car would get plastered with the buggies.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hey, congrats on PotM!
                              1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Working...
                              X