Shock bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock bushings

I have a nice set of NOS 1998 CV shocks (closeout special) I got off of Rockauto to go on my car. When I got them, they didn't come with all the bushings. Is there anywhere I can find some bushings for these shocks?

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
    2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
    2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

I have a TON of them I can mail you 4 or 8 just pay for shipping and time.

I replaced all of my new ones that came with my new shocks with poly bushings.

You can also remove an old one and measure for new ones....
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

same as the sway bar endlink bushings.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

gadget73, so you're saying I could just pick up 4 sway bar end links & bushings on Rockauto and they'll work? I saw some for $2.70 a piece.

87gtVic, I am definitely thinking about that. I may message you soon if I can't find them locally.

Comment

yup... same thing... or at least fit well.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yerp. One single endlink will have 4 bushings and 4 of the washers that you may need as well. Nuts you're on your own for if they were not in the package. Price that vs 4 bushings. It may be cheaper to buy the endlink and throw out the extra hardware.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Are the nuts intended for single use? I helped my friend change the struts on his E30 BMW once and he had to get new nuts since they're designed to warp once tightened down all the way.

Comment

I think they are intended for single use, but I've re-used many of them. If you re-use, just check on them once a week for a while to make sure they're not moving... or use some locktite.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Not sure what the specs are for the 80's models, but I had a hell of a time with this on my 96's. When I would purchase a new set of shock absorbers, they would come with a set of these shitty generic rubber discs that did not prevent a bunch of noise from the mounting studs bouncing back and forth in the hole. Originals had a tapered cone design with a donut that fit over the top. When I went back to the original style, it quieted shit right down. You can still get the original style through KYB, but the part # escapes me at the moment.
                  Attached Files
                  Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
                  Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
                  Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
                  Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Comment

hm, I've never seen that on a box. The ones I've always seen look exactly like endlink bushings. basically its a round donut with a step. The trick is orienting it with the properly sized step in the frame hole. There are usually 2, one large and one small. Its a relatively dodgey sort of mounting arrangement and if you don't get it located just so, it makes all kinds of noise. I can see where changing to a cone and cup design would keep the shock where it belongs. SHould also retrofit to a box without any problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X