Fuel pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel pump?

So I am going to force myself to get a fuel pump. What is the best upgrade for me? I'm running an 86 Vic stock fuel tank setup for a 5.0L EFI.

Thanks!

A mustang 110 will be sufficient. There is a little modding needed to run the stang pump though. Nothing you can't handle though.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Just curious, if you were checking for insufficient fuel flow, what would be the best way to do it? hook up a fuel pressure guage and take it for a spin, then if the pressure drops too much the pump is insufficient?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

exactly

Comment

You should check the pressure and flow. You can have decent pressure but insufficient flow. See what your gph should be approx and time filling a gallon jug.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Really no point in checking...we know that the flow on a stock pump isn't enough for a HO motor...Just do it

Comment

Should I upgrade my fuel pump in the near future? 1989 EFI going to 1998 HO... what kind of pumps do ya'll use?

Anyone know if it'll fit the same in my gas tank? (Mine sits at a 45* angle, not flat.)
              2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
              1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
              1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

i picked up a holley pump for davids car for 79 bucks from summit......my pump is still stock, and i have no problems so i will leave mine go till the time comes when it isnt enough

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I used a walbro 110lph for a 5.0 stang...Some modification to the vic bracket is needed. Nothing tough. I just did some trimming and used some hose clamps to mount the smaller stang pump in the vic bracket.

Comment

could this be the problem with your loss of top end power??? do you know how old the pump is you have now?? Maybe it just lost its oomph to maintain pressure and flow while its being guzzled at 5,000 rpm.

Swap it!!!!
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

walbro is good shit check ebay...

Comment

Im going to make the same suggestion i make in every fuel pump thread.

Aeromotive a little expensive but they are a great pump.
                        http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                        http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

I'm thinking mine is a walbro, and it has been in two cars-and a bunch of milage. Gonna put a 190 or 255 in mine, just so I don't have to drop the tank again, even when I go boosted.

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
                            could this be the problem with your loss of top end power??? do you know how old the pump is you have now??
                            It very well could be. And it's the original fuel pump that was installed in the car on November 1985, and it now has just over 270,000miles on it.

Comment

After some serious research and profesional opinions, the stock pump is plenty of flow for over 300hp. I will be replacing it with a stock pump from ford, however if I can't get it from Ford then I will go with a high-Po from somehwere else.

Just checking again, which brand does the general GMN crowd think is the best company for reliabe high end pumps?

Comment

Working...
                              X